Well, it's been nine days since I was last here. I always feel as though I've not accomplished a great deal in the time between postings but then the pictures get in the post and I realize I've accomplished enough.
I spent about nine hours folding 5 inch triangles into the units needed to make this big buckyball.
There are 60 units needed to make one.
The hardest part of doing this soccer sized ball of paper is cutting out all those frigging triangles after I figure out how to make an equilateral triangle.
The paper used came from a 1974 Fort Hays State University yearbook.
I like all the colors in it. They scream 1970s!
Inside the ball.
Big buckyballs are MUCH easier to make than baseball size buckyballs.
An experiment in flower making. I didn't really enjoy this exercise in paper playing. The yellow one is construction paper. The other two are made from a catalog printed on newsprint. The stems are magazine paper reeds from the basket making foray a few weeks ago.
In The Woods
fingernail polish on cardstock
Little book made from a biscuit box, security envelope, watercolor paper heart painted with fingernail polish and sewn with gray embroidery floss.
It has a wide variety of different book pages amd other paper for its pages. I believe there are around 100 pages in this one.
This one is made from a chipboard box that once held a bunch of pamphlets, sewn in the long stitch. It has somewhere around 100 pages of different book pages and other papers.
This one is made exactly the same way as the previous one.
All three of these are 4 x 4 inches.
I made another book the same day I made these three but I forgot to take a picture of it. I'll show it next time.
I made 16 of these painted hearts. They're made from watercolor paper and fingernail polish.
An altered envelope still a work in progress despite it has been a wip since it was first drawn back in mid January. Fingernail polish again!
I really thought I had gotten woven paper balls out of my system. My sister invited me to supper a few nights ago and I took these with me to work on while waiting for supper to be served. It's always a wait for supper at Sister's house. No biggie. I made 18 of these little buggers while I was there.
Not sure just where I'm taking this little satin clutch purse. I have ideas in mind for it. That bright yellow satin covering makes an excellent canvas.
I started another Fish Picture. This one will hereafter be referred to as FP11.
Fishes in the works.
Paper Pulp components. These will be painted and added to the rock shelf at the bottom of the canvas. Fillers for the seafloor, if you will.
There's a bunch of stuff in this mushroom box that I have been collecting for the next FP. I made the red things yesterday. More fillers.
Little rocks to go amongst the fillers.
The canvas for FP11.
The rocks are painted styrofoam chunks torn off a thick, odd-shaped piece of styrofoam. The gray things crawling over the rock shelf are unpainted paper pulp. They'll get a coat of paint eventually.
The background has a coat of dark brown wall paint, some book pages strips glued to the canvas, green wall paint, pink glitter, yellow acrylic and four or five different colors of puff paint.
FP11 will have to be put on hold for about a week as I'm headed to my son's house tomorrow. The boy needs a driver to get him back home with his 'new' truck. I sure hope Fred will get to go with us. That's yet to be seen.
10 o'clock this morning it was snowing big, giant poofs of snow. The ground was a bit more covered than it shows here when it stopped snowing around 11a.m.
At 8p.m. all the snow had been gone for hours! And the wind was whipping the fish around like it was in a torrent!
Tippy wasn't quite sure what to make of the cotton balls falling on the porch!
That's all from me for now.
be good to one another!