13 May 2010

Fish Picture 3 Progress, ATCs and Chattering

It's very chilly this morning! A nice little rain shower went through about an hour ago. It's a quarter after three in the morning as I sit here beginning this post.
Pictures didn't want to go in the post right this morning so we're just gonna go with the flow and see what happens. I always insert all the pictures into a post first and then write the post around them.
I got Janis Joplin singing Me and Bobby McGee, the dog sleeping on the floor across the room and a hot cup of coffee before me. Guess I'm ready.
Are you? :)

Early on Wednesday morning I went to Pburg with my sister to have breakfast and then pick Frankie cat up from the vet. Frankie used to be referred to as 'Frankie Fur Balls'. He has no balls now so his name has been changed. I'm uncertain what his new name will be. We'll leave that up to the boys who called him Frankie Fur Balls. Those boys being Sam and Justin mostly.
While at breakfast we did ATCs. People look at us funny when we have markers spread all over the table in amongst the silverware, the coffee cups and plates but we really don't care, we do ATCs anyway. I did three of the 7 of mine below this morning in an hour's time. Susan did the first ATC below in that time. I really like hers! It's cute as a button and colorful too.
I didn't get a great choice of colors into my pocket before it got full of markers. I didn't bring many blues along. I own about 300+ markers, I've never really counted them, but looking at them next to me, I'm guessing 300 or more. I took maybe 2 dozen of them this morning. I also took about a dozen ATC blanks.
We both had the same thing for breakfast. Two eggs over easy, hash browns with onions, bacon and whole wheat toast for me, english muffin for her. I had coffee to drink and she had hot tea.

There is a swap going on over at AFA (the link's up in the lefthand corner) that is all about drawing blind. Closing your eyes and drawing a face in this particular swap. I drew the nose, eyes, mouths and heads of these characters below with my eyes closed. Then I doctored them up with my eyes open. Some of them needed quite a bit of doctoring too!
Susan opted to take her own route.




SJB '10'
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Guess you all don't get the large font after this. That large font is a lot easier to see! I'll have to figure out how to get it to stay throughout the post but for now...it's back to the small font. Sorry.


Ted
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.


Professor Matrice
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers and white acrylic pen paint on recycled cardstock.
I found all those mathematical equations in the college math book I bought last week. I don't think they mean a thing cause they are all fragmented. I just wanted to fill up the chalkboard behind our professor. He got his name from the math book as well. I've not a clue what matrices are but it sounded like a wonderful name for the fellow.


Peace and Love
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers and white acrylic pen paint on recycled cardstock.

Sometimes love is silent, goofy and kinda uncertain. Sometimes to get peace we have to shout at the top of our lungs! These two have a statement to make!

Roger and Doreen
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Breakfast art.
Roger couldn't believe his luck at actually talking Doreen into going to prom with him. He does look rather pleased, does he not?


Daphne
ATC
12 May 2010
Breakfast art.
Markers on recycled cardstock.

I grabbed the wrong tan marker. This one used was about out of ink.


Adam and Eve Green
ATC
12 May 2010
Breakfast art.
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Nothing like thinking about green naked people at breakfast!

Madge and Joyce at the Umbrella Sale
ATC
12 May 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
This was my first blind people draw. It was so much fun I just kept going ....for hours and hours!
If you've never attempted blind drawing, give it a shot. You'll have a blast if you just go with it!

I showed you all the canvas as it looked the 10th of May. This is what it looks like now.

Fish Picture 3
The last time you all saw this it was black and green. Since then I have added a layer of red nylon scarf material, silver glitter glue to hold the nylon scarf to the canvas and another layer of green glitter paint cause I pretty much covered the first layer up.  Then I dusted it with irredescent glitter. There are also six or seven pink strings running up and down across the cavas held on with fabric stiffener. I thought I'd ruined it by using the stiffener as a glue..but it dried nicely.
I found the fishes I wanted to use for the school of fish I see on the canvas. I cut them all out and sat over by the light table to work on getting them ready to go on the canvas. There's gonna be a bunch of these little fishes!
On the paper plate are the photocopied fishes cut out with the xacto knife and 11 of those little devils on the tray that have been painted with dimensional paint and red seed beads and a silver tube bead on each. I don't know how many fishes are there but all of them will get the bead and black paint treatment. Then when that is all dry I'll do some more painting on them with blue glitter paint.

A close up of the fishes. My light table isn't a level table, it slants so I had to get a baking pan from the kitchen and line it with parchment paper to dry my fishes on.  I'm hoping the kitten stays off the baking pan as it's propped up on a large round tin atop the short bar stool I use when I sit at my light table.

I'll keep posting progress on Fish Picture 3 as it goes along.
After I took pictures of the fish picture I went on a hunt for the critters.
I found Fred on the sofa in the darkened livingroom. I couldn't see him when I took this picture, it was that dark in the livingroom. The flash lighted things right up!
Lazy dog.
Billy was asleep on my bed and none too happy about having his picture taken!
Doob wouldn't open her eyes (Billy wouldn't either). She too was sitting in the dark as was Billy on my bed.
Lola didn't get in on this shoot cause she was outside in the rain. Where she insisted on going. Fred went out at the same time but he had enough sense to come back inside before the rain shower came through! So no Lola pictures tonight.
Instead you get me again!
Go get your hugs today! Grab some kisses too if you can swing it and send some smiles out while you're at it! Have a fantastic Thursday!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers