17 March 2010

There's Some Green Going On

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

When I got dressed this morning, I totally didn't remember it was THE day to wear green. The only reason I didn't get pinched a lot today is because of my emerald earrings. I never take off my emeralds!
I've been to the lake with my brother, out to supper with my sister, visited my friends in town and visited my other friend at the edge of town. I have been socializing.
Lake Day was on Tuesday. We hit three bodies of water and I didn't take a single picture! Ran off and left the camera at home. Perhaps next time! There's a trip planned for tomorrow so we'll see if I get any good pictures to show!
I've been a bit busy with art since the last time I posted.
(I really need to get busy with some housework!) 
Enjoy!

Pixie's Rodeo
ATC
12 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
365 Project #73

Orange Horse
ATC
13 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

The All Seeing
ATC
13 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
365 Project # 74

Fire Blossoms
ATC
14 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Pink Explosion
ATC
14 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

When the muse is unsure where to go...
I take her to the gardens
where imaginary flowers grow.

Boozing Pink Poodle
ATC
15 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock. Extra fine sparkly pink glitter over the poodle only and then sealed with acrylic varnish.
This pink poodle was holding a drink in the old ad I found her in. She was pink as well. It reminded me of the drink recipe book I have on my kitchen shelf that is called The Pink Elephant Book. I can't rationally explain the correlation between the two, but that is how the muse works. Sometimes things are subtly  connected the explaination is too dense. I'm not sure even THAT made sense....but Pink Poodle Boozing it up is what we got!
365 Project # 75

Go check out Naked Heart Art and take a look at what this Project is all about! Day 75 is a milestone!
There are about 30 artists participating actively. You'll see some awesome art there! Leave a comment there if you go to visit! We love comments! (Leave one here as well, if you're so inclined!)

Hiding In The Garden
ATC
15 March 2010
Collage--Background is blue and green glitter paint on a recycled UPS envelope, magazine images in shades of green, fabric flower, eyelash yarn, a googly eye painted yellow with acrylic paint, fabric leaves cut into grass shape, knubby yarn, a plastic frog from last year's St. Patrick Day cupcakes that my sister handed to me early in the day on the 15th when this card was made. And there's a boatload of glue to hold it all together!
 I backed the whole shebang with a pc of chipboard from a graham cracker box to give it some strength. UPS envelopes are made of thin chipboard. Because of that the card buckled.
It's a shame the UPS envies aren't great for collages cause I have a boatload of them! Somewhere around 300 of them...I generally cut them up into indes cards to keep track of trades but sometimes I cut them into Twinchies, which they work wonderfully for. Some of them end up being completely white on one side when they're cut into twinchies.


A Lesson on Recycled Chipboard
Chipboard from food packaging, toy packaging, used up spiral notebooks, notepads and a long long list of sources is perfect for recycled chipboard use in your art. It is a free source of fodder. I get everyone I can to save their food packaging for me. When a kid's birthday comes around, take a really good look at the packages! Toy trucks come in some really cool thin cardboard. I don't know much about little girl toys yet, but I suspect they're pretty much like boys toys are....have so much cardboard on them it is ridiculous! Don't throw that stuff out though! It's useful to you if you've a way to cut it to size. I am fortunate to own the guillotine cutter!  My box of chipboard needing cut includes boxes from the following sources:
ready made and powdered pudding
graham crackers
cheese boxes from Hickory Farms
cake and brownie mixes
shirt boxes that held Christmas presents
beer
butter
snack cakes
honey buns
cereal
Velveeta
tea
bath products
marker packages

Examine everything that comes into your house that is packaged in chipboard containers! Some are excellent for ATC backs only but others are good for many applications. Twinchies. Inchies. 4 x 4s and other sized collage pieces. The thicker the chipboard the better it is for the larger pieces.
The boxes from the Hickory Farms cheese came from my family! Nice find! My sister gave everyone...that's six people...this cheese for Christmas! WIthin a week, I had four of these boxes and the chipboard covers that held the boxes closed! A goldmine of great recycled chipboard for 4 x 4s. Christmas yielded a lot of art fodder! Train your people to keep extraordinary things for you!
Everyone has a set of certain things they like to work with. For some of you it is paper, some like doodads, some like containers, some like strings and ribbons! I like it all! lol And I have trained a few folks to save their stuff for me. This way I get things I wouldn't ordinarily get on my own. I don't eat snack cakes, but my brother does! I don't drink beer, but my sister's boyfriend does! I don't eat Velveeta but my oldest son does! (Velveeta boxes make stellar containers for your ATC blanks!) You get the idea!

Feeling A Bit Green
ATC
16 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Lucky Green
ATC
16 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
365 Project #76

I had intended to do a zentangle with little shamrocks running rampant across the image but I screwed up one of the shamrocks and it turned into the bird's head instead. Art sometimes happens that way: things don't go according to plan so you have to form a new plan!
No! I Won't!
ATC
16 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Once again I have made a 'suggestive' card without meaning to.
Not sure where my mind is sometimes!

Fargo
ATC
17 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
I dedicate this one to Fargo! They're flooding up there again! I wish the people of Fargo a smooth sail through the messes. This community has rallied together to save their town from the water that is sure to come when the river reaches its crest. Keep them in your prayers that the efforts put out by the people of this community keep them safe.

Green Zen
ATC
17 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
I drew this one at the cafe this evening while waiting on my order. I had company for supper at the cafe; Sammy, Susan and Evelyn. I pretty much ignored them while waiting for our orders. I added the greens after I got home from seeing my youngest son, who cooked our food at the cafe. It was short, sweet visit with RW.
Eye of Tokay Gecko
ATC
17 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
This is my favorite of all the art posted today! I was cruising Google Images and came across this macro photo of a gecko's eye and this is my rendition of said photograph. Fellow of the name Alan M. took the picture. I know nothing more about him. I found it over at wired.com . 
Pink Tulips
ATC
17 March 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
The Need To Know
ATC
17 March 2010
Collage- Background is the herringbone technique made with a map from a fishing magazine. Images from junkmail and magazines. Text from book pages, magazines and junk mail. I'm not sure what I was trying to say here so if any of you think you've figured it out, let me know, OK?

In the coming days I will be working on ATCs and a Guest Book for my oldest son's wedding on the 24th of April. I'll be back in the next few days to show you all what I've been up to.
Go get your hugs!
Peace
831

1 comment:

soulbrush said...

you have so much energy it is tiring. did you see my thursday post with gabriel logan?

Followers