28 June 2013

Drawings, Magnets and Some Brown Fabric

Hello Readers!

Who knew having an attack of gout could make one so productive in the art department? Yesterday I could barely walk on that left ankle. Today it started acting like it should...kinda. It's swollen up like a rabid toad at the moment but the right one is fine. I can walk on the left one today with little pain at all. Tomorrow it should be all gone!
I certainly hope so! I have things that MUST get done tomorrow! One of those things involves climbing some stairs. I'll take the elevator to the 2nd floor of the court house when I go to renew my vehicle registration. It expires on the 30th. Right now, climbing stairs is out of the question! 

At any rate, I could sit in my desk chair and draw today. That could have something to do with why that ankle is swollen up like a rabid toad....it's the price I pay for art, I guess! I will not be drinking any more vodka anytime soon!

I cut up all the matboards I bought at Hobby Lobby into 4x6 postcards and 4x4s. No waste! The matboards were 8x10 inches. Worked out great! I have no clue how many of each I got out of that stack...I didn't count them! Many though!
Then I proceeded to draw (painted one of those fish) on 11 of them. 
I've been awake since 11pm on Wednesday. It's 2:55am on Friday at the moment. 
And this old body is wide awake!

Blue and Orange Fish Eye
postcard
markers on matboard

Kitty's Dinner
postcard
markers on matboard

Pink Metallic Fish
postcard
watercolors and paint pen (pink and silver) on matboard

Five White Cats
postcard
markers on matboard

Gray Snail
postcard
markers on matboard

Green Eyed Black Cat
postcard
markers on matboard
I screwed this one up when I put the glaze over his blackness. His eyes have Modge Podge Dimensional Magic on them. The other glaze, not sure exactly what it is for. I couldn't see the fine print on the teeny tiny bottle! Wasn't what I thought it was though! I might put a layer of black glitter all over him and then put a coat of varnish over the glitter. He needs some help! I don't know what happened to the green in his eyes, but they really are more green than yellow!

Green and Yellow Fish on Purple
postcard
markers on matboard

Heart Vine Mandala
postcard
markers on matboard

1923 Kansas Jayhawk Logo
postcard
markers on matboard

Kansas Sunflower
postcard
markers on matboard

Orange Zen Owl
postcard
markers on matboard



I finished up these magnets today. There were six of them on this tray that needed some resin in them. I'll let them dry a few more days and then slap some magnets on their backsides and call them done!

I cut up a wrap skirt to make some fabric strips to make another basket or two. I didn't take a picture of the skirt before I took the scissors to it. 

These strings are the seams and the hems on the skirt. They'll go in my basket of strings for weaving. They aren't quite right for crocheting. I threw nothing away from this skirt. All of it will be turned into something it wasn't. Well, except the button and the zipper. 

This ice cream bucket holds two and half gallons of ice cream. I've already crocheted the bottom of a basket out of some of the strips from the skirt. The bucket is still half full of more strips, yet to be crocheted into the basket. You'll get an update on this in the next few days.

I'm still studying Fish Picture 7. I have a turkey to paint sometime in the next week or so. I'm not really looking forward to painting a turkey but it was requested and I don't know how to say 'no' to that request. No biggie. I'll get the turkey painted. Might not be the best turkey I've ever painted, but I'll give it my best shot.
Maybe next time I'll have a progress report on fp7.

You all be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers