17 September 2013

More Paper Bowls and A Few Painted Rocks

Hello Readers!

I really don't have a lot to show for the time that has passed since my last post. I've been busy, just haven't been busy on anything that doesn't take forever to finish. 

The fibro has been kicking my butt for better than a week and not a lot has gotten done because of that. It's hard to work on anything when you're asleep most of the time!  That will ease in due time and I'll be fine for awhile again.

Good news came on Wednesday about selling my artwork at the Historical Society Gift Shop in Topeka. I got the paperwork to commence with that endeavor today in the mail. Tomorrow a box will be sent to them and we'll see what happens after that! I see good things on the horizon.

Bowls were the main focus but I did make some owl magnets.

3inch cork disks, plastic bottle caps, beads. game piece, thick paper for the top feathers, a stick from the yard and some copper wire. All held together with glue. Each has two magnets on the backside.

I went on a shopping spree and bought -I can't believe I bought!! - black rocks. For $2 I got 15 nice sized rocks. I painted on three of them with the paint pen. Perhaps more will get painted sometime in the future. Rock painting wasn't near as fun as I thought it would be. The remaining rocks will probably end up in the large planter beside the front porch where a bunch of other rocks live.

You all saw a couple of these bowls a post or two earlier. These are in no particular order. 

This one is about 8 inches across and 4 inches deep. It has paper stars on the inside sealed with sparkly glass paint. On the outside is a layer of dark grey glass paint. The bowl itself is made from layers of paper and glue formed over my large clear glass mixing bowl.

This one is about six inches across and 4 inches deep.  Newspaper was used to form the bowl. The bowl was first painted with metallic blue acrylic inside and out. Inside the bowl is a coat of gold glass paint. I used a clear blue glass cereal bowl for a mold.

This one is about 4 inches across, 3 inches deep. Inside is paper stars sealed with sparkly clear glass paint. The outside is green paper maple leaves sealed with sparkly clear glass paint. The rim has sage green acrylic paint sealed with the sparkly clear glass paint.  I used a small glass bowl for the mold.

This one is about 4 inches across, 3 inches deep. Inside are paper stars sealed with sparkly clear glass paint and irredescent glitter. Sage green acrylic around the rim. Outside are more paper stars sealed with clear glass paint. I used a small glass bowl for a mold.

This bowl is about 8 inches across and 2 inches deep. Inside are paper stars sealed with gold glass paint. Outside are paper stars sealed with red glass paint. The rim is painted with gold acrylic and sealed with gold glass paint. I used a soup bowl for a mold. 

This one is 6 inches across and 4 inches deep. Inside is gray acrylic sealed with clear glass paint. The rim has sage green acrylic sealed with clear glass paint. The outside is sealed with red glass paint over gray acrylic paint. I used the clear blue glass cereal bowl for the mold.


This one is about 4 inches across and 3 inches deep. Inside is orchard paper sealed with gold glass paint. Outside is shredded paper money laid down in long strips. I used a small glass bowl as a mold. This bowl took longer than any other to make simply because of the time it took to lay down the shredded money.

This one is 6 inches across and 4 inches deep. It weighs quite a bit considering it is made of paper. That's because I put a layer of homemade gesso on the outside of it and then sealed that with different colors of acrylic paint and glass paint. Inside, the blue rim is gesso with blue acrylic and the gray is acrylic paint. I used the clear blue glass cereal bowl for a mold.

This is my favorite of all the bowls so far. It is about 8 inches across and 2 inches deep. Inside is cut up shredded money with a layer of tissue atop the money. The inside is sealed with clear glass paint. Outside is orchard paper sealed with gold glass paint. I used the soup bowl for a mold.

This one is about 4 inches across, 3 inches deep. Inside are text page stars sealed in gold glass paint. Outside is the same stars sealed in red glass paint. I used the small glass bowl for a mold.

And here they are all in one spot. 

And another one in the works....

This is what it looked like yesterday. The strings you see showing through the white tissue paper is strips of shredded money. I know I said I wasn't going to make another bowl with the shredded money but it had to be done!  The shredded money will show on the inside of the bowl when it is finished.

It looks like this as I type this post. It's shiny in the picture because the glue holding the manila colored tissue on is still wet. My plan is to put another layer or two of white tissue paper on it and then another layer of shredded money to match the inside of the bowl. This one is about 8 inches across, will probably be about 5 inches deep once the rim has been trimmed. 

I have been playing around with weaving some fishes and will show you them the next time I come around. I also have a little book ready to be sewn. 
I think once this last bowl is done, I will have bowls out of my system for awhile. I need to get busy and sew the monster bodies that Ma started weeks ago! 

Thanks for coming around today!
Be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831


No comments:

Followers