14 February 2010

Happy Birthday Fred! (And some art thrown in as well.)

Yesterday was this dog's birthday. He turned six.
He's not a very photogenic pooch, but he is a lovable one. He got a new chew bone from Susan, a lot of lovin' from Evelyn and I bought him a sack of dog biscuits. I didn't actually buy them with that dog's birthday in mind, but it worked out alright nonetheless. Evelyn would have been all up in arms if I hadn't acknowledged his birthday.
I drew the line at BAKING him a cake, but I did make an ATC to commemorate the day! Not that the dog gave one hoot about it!
I am caught up again with the 365 Project. I do a lot of art on any given day but I feel like the cards for the 365 Project should be done on the right days and that doesn't always happen. It screws me up when I skip a day of doing art. I see no problem at all in making 365 ATCs this year! I'm pushing 100 of them already and it's only the middle of February! I just don't like being behind!
Here is the art made yesterday.
Tomato On A Windowsill
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock.
13 February 2010
#44 365 Project
White Elephant Sale
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Rags
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Purple Elephant
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
This one is going in the large frame with 41 other elephants. I'm collecting elephants to put in that frame. As of this morning I have 14 of them. There are a couple of them on their way to me. I hope to have enough elephants to fill the frame by June. We'll see if that happens or not.
Mermaid Sally
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers and magazine cutout on recycled cardstock.
I'm not sure how this model from an Elle Magazine would feel about what I've done to her but there you have it!
And then I went and did it to another model from the same Elle Magazine.
Mermaid Louise
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers and magazine cutout on recycled cardstock.
Ice Fishing
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
I remembered that black spot on the scanner bed after I scanned this one. That black spot is now gone from the scanner bed.
Gray Cat
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Flowers For You
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
#45 365 Project
Blue Dog
ATC
13 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
#43 365 Project
Take My Heart Away
Twinchie
13 February 2010
Collage- various papers, cancelled postage stamp and red ribbon.

Later today I am going to scan all the elephants I have for my frame so when they all are collected and it;'s time to put the frame back together, I can show you all a picture of the framed elephants and an individual picture of all elephants along with the artist's name and location.

Two of the grandboys came visiting with RW and Lou the other night. 4 yr old gavin and 7 yr old Gabe both drew pictures for me on ATC blanks. Gavin was looking at twinchies with me and he ran across a pineapple drawing. He studied it for a bit and I asked him if he knew what it was. He shook his head yes, and said, "That's Spongebob's house!" I couldn't argue with the boy, a pineapple is what Spongebob lives in! I got a kick out of his answer cause when I drew that pineapple, Spongebob was the farthest thing from my mind!

I have no plans for Valentine's Day. I doubt there will be any gifts unless they come from my sister(s). I didn't get anyone a gift. Come to think of it, I never got Valentine's Day gifts when I was married either. I'm not complaining, that's just how it was. I haven't been married for better than 15 years so it's not a big deal really! I hope you all have a stellar Valentine's Day and your sweeties get you all something spectacular for the occasion!
Get your hugs too! Especially today!
I'll be collecting hugs later!
Be good to one another. I'll be back to yak at you all another day! Probably tomorrow!
Peace
831

It's cold and windy on the plains today. I was supposed to go to lunch at my sister's house in Pburg, but I stayed home instead. Too windy to drive!

No comments:

Followers