06 October 2010

A Bit of Art, Some Chatter and Dead Rodents

I'm here! Not that I've actually gone anywhere worth talking about....Guess you all are not going to get a post everyday. Thank goodness you all didn't hold your breath, aye?
I have some art to show you all today. Shock upon shock. I don't think the muse is quite done with her vacation. She showed up for a marathon drawing session at 3 in the morning when I was fixing to go to sleep and stayed till around 7 that morning. Those ATCs made during the marathon are dated 4 october 2010. I've not seen her hide since then!
Enjoy the Art Show
(if that's what you want to call it)

An Arch in the Desert
ATC
3 October 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
Day #250 365 Project

Anita's Big City Whirlwind
ATC
8 September 2010
markers on recycled photo album paper
similar to watercolor paper
Day #251 365 Project

Anita's Big Train Adventure
ATC
19 September 2010
markers on recycled photo album paper
similar to watercolor paper
Day #252 365 Project

Anita's Bird Adventure
ATC
8 September 2010
markers on recycled photo album paper
similar to watercolor paper
Day #253 365 Project
Anita abuses her hair with changing the color and style. She's a fashionable girl though so it doesn't matter to her that the hair on her head isn't really her own, but that of a wig. I drew only the backgrounds in these Anita cards on the 8th of September. Anita herself had been drawn like 50 times about two years ago. I should gather up all the anitas I can find in my picture files and do a post about her fashion sense!

Annabel's Orange Osmobile
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock along with collage of a girl's basketball team in an orange osmobile. All images snagged from Google Images.
4 October 2010
Day #254 365 Project


Bird of Paradise Flower
ATC
5 October 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
I lied. The muse has been back since the 3 a.m. marathon.....
Day #255 365 Project

Blue Jar
ATC
5 October 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
Day #256 365 Project

RW, Lue and all the boys had come to supper on the 5th. I made chicken noodle soup. Was a fun night with all the kids...we made ATCs.

In The Pink Zone
ATC
4 October 2010
markers on recycled cardstock

Just Takin' it Easy
ATC
4 October 2010
black sharpie on recycled cardstock
Day #257 365 Project

Pink Elephant @ 3a.m
ATC
4 October 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
Day #258 365 Project
I took six markers plus a black one to my room with me thinking perhaps I could coax the muse back for a bit of drawing. She obliged nicely. I really need her to come home for an extended length of time cause I'm still 20 Days behind!
I really like to challenge myself with a limited array of color choices. Sometimes the choice of colors works out and sometimes it doesn't. I kinda like the combo in these cards.

the Tiger Jacket
ATC
18 September 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
Day #259 365 Project

Trees in the Afternoon
ATC
4 October 2010
markers on recycled cardstock

I've not counted two of these in the 365 Project just because I haven't. I have a lot of cards not counted in the project that I could techniquely count for this year....I'm not sure why I can't jump that hurtle and just use them....my stubbornness coming out I guess.
The muse will return and I can then get some more cards made to catch up with the project. That's the plan at any rate.

Nothing much happening here. Still living with the old sofa. Not sure when the change with that will take place. Soon, though.
Lola has begun to catch rodents like they are going out of style. I found a dead rat in the driveway, a headless mouse on the kitchen floor and another unidentifiable rodent puked up on the kitchen floor when I came home the other morning. She'd been a busy cat whilst I was gone! She had another mouse earlier this evening. I saw it's corpse while she was batting it around the kitchen, but I've yet to locate its whereabouts since I last saw it. She may have eaten it, but I doubt it. She likes chewing their heads off! She's an excellent huntress! I only wish she wouldn't bring them in the house! Not all of her catches are made in the house, though she does occasionally nab one that has moved in temporarily.

Fred is still Fred. Not the brightest crayon in the box.

I have to get up early in the morning. No later than 7:30. The baling machine will be here, along with the man who operates it. Not sure which of them I'm most anxious to see....I'm quite ready for the junk pile to be gone. Time to start a new one. We won't be getting quite as much for this pile as we got for the last one though. There's not a vehicle in it, just a bunch of metal scrap...everything from a transformer can full of steel food cans to a swing set Sammy and I hauled back from Agra....Will be good to have it gone and the baling machine here!
You all remember to throw some smiles out there and give out a hug or two as well.
I'll try to keep that advice in mind myself!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers