15 May 2013

ATCs and a Few Little Books


Hello Readers!

I dragged out the paint chips and the white paint pen and some markers to come up with these six ATCs.

Green Flower
ATC
paint pen on green paint chip backed by cardstock

Green Zen
ATC
paint pen on paint chip backed by cardstock

Lemon Zen
ATC
Paint pen and black marker on paint chip backed by cardstock

Pink Flowers
ATC
Paint pen and markers on paint chip backed by cardstock
(markers don't show up well in the photo but there is green and pink marker on there)

Purple Flower Zen
ATC
paint pen and marker on paint chip backed by cardstock

Red Eyes Zen
ATC
paint pen and marker on paint chip backed by cardstock


I got a new box of 64 crayons the other day at the dollar store. I emptied them into another box to make it easier to choose which crayon I'd like to use at any given moment. I saved the little boxes that held the crayons in the bigger box and turned them into cases for tiny books.

All pictures on these little books and cases came from an Art in America magazine.

Blue Tree Book
2.5x2 inches
white copy paper pages
sewn in coptic stitch

Elvis book and case
2.5x2 inches 
white copy paper pages
sewn in coptic stitch

Frieda book and case
2.5x2 inches
white copy paper pages
sewn in coptic stitch

Frieda is the only one of these little books that fit snugly in their case. The other two don't have enough signatures to fill up the case but they still work.

And the muse is still fascinated with owls for some reason!

Owl Book
6.5x7 inches
covers are from a plastic placemat. I painted the owl on old wall paper with acrylics and glued it to the placemat after cutting the covers for this book. It has white copy paper pages....8 signatures of 5 sheets paper each, sewn in coptic stitch with orange crochet cotton thread. 

You see that center-finding ruler in the picture above? I've been using that ruler since 1999. It is one of the most useful tools I've shoveled out money for! I don't so much use the center-finding capabilities of it so much anymore but it's a nice sturdy aluminum ruler and I use it a lot when cutting straight lines with my xacto knife.


There's an ATHON going on over at AFA all this week and one of the challenges for the athon was to use magazine paper on an ATC. My muse screamed, "Let's make some owls!" So we did!

Spotted Owl
ATC
magazine cutouts, white paint pen, black marker and fingernail polish on cardstock.

Blue Wing Owl
ATC
magazine cutouts, black marker, white paint pen and fingernail polish on cardstock.

Green Belly Owl
ATC
magazine cutouts, white paint pen, black marker and fingernail polish on cardstock.

Green Eyes Owl
ATC
magazine cutouts, white paint pen, black marker and fingernail polish on cardstock.

Ma told me she would sew monster bodies on her sewing machine for me if I'd cut the bodies out.

I forgot about a seam allowance for them as I sew right along the edge when I sew them by hand. These two have some hilariously skinny legs! I love how skinny their legs are actually! The plaid one is made out of a shirt I used to wear all the time! I don't know why I thought it needed to be done away with but it made a really cute monster and there is plenty more to make more monsters!
The other one is made from some slinky material that was once a skirt. Ma told me she doesn't want to sew that 'crap' ever again! So this is the ONLY monster that will ever be made from this material cause I am not going to sew it by hand. That just ain't happening!
These guys are both about 10 inches tall. The orange one being a bit taller than the plaid one. Eyes are felt, as are the horns and they have nubby yarn for hair.

Beings there is an athon going on this week, there will be more things made throughout the week to show you all. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers