19 October 2009

Surfing Rats, Fishes, Cats, A Lot of Silliness and Rambling From The Weekend!

hello Readers!
Another weekend behind me! It was a good one where ART is concerned. There was a Collage-a-thon (CAT) going on over at AFA (link in upper left corner) and I got in the zone! I think there are 19 cards here....all made this past weekend...either Saturday or Sunday. I traded 20 cards during the past two days. I still have 10 of the CAT cards left that did not trade, but they are for trade.
I have 17 inchies in the bowl that need to be scanned. Inchies go in a bowl, (ATCs go in the basket along with twinchies). Inchies are on my agenda today. I really need to get busy with that goal if I'm going to make it this year!
And there are 10 twinchies in the little basket to be scanned still as well. We will have to save them for another day though as I am not scanning anything today.
Let's get on with ART!

Surfing Rat #5
ATC
this little guy is called #5, but in reality...I've not made a card like this one before this one. You will see another little surfing rat down the picture row in this post. This one is in a different pose than the other one.
He is an image found in Google Images by typing in 'surfing rat'. I cut the rat and surfboard out with the xacto knife and attached him to recycled cardstock that has been colored with markers. This fella is headed to Washington State, USA.
Rhonda Fish
ATC
This fish is now in my availables notebook cause no one wanted to take Rhonda home with them this time.
Fish is cutout of recycled cardstock that was originally flash cards, colored with a similar color marker as the glitter that is glued on top. And then I varnished the fishes with liquid lamenate and slapped on a googley eye.
The background is colored paper dusted with clear glitter and lots of different novelty yarns, fibers and ribbons.
All fishes in this post were made in this manner and all are attached to that thick chipboard from that game I can never remember the name of. I'm almost out of that chipboard though, gonna have to find me something similar to that material soon.
Mick Fish
ATC
Mick is going to Finland.

Lorinda Fish
ATC
Lorinda is headed to Washington State, USA

Credit Cat
ATC
Credit Cat is a fake plastic credit card cut into a cat shape with scissors. He came as junk mail sometime this year. His whiskers are wire, cardstock nose, googly eyes and gold thread for a bow. Background is wall paper. All is attached to that thick cardstock from that game I can't remember the name of. This one is headed to New Jersey, USA.

Carlton Fish
ATC
Carlton Fish is headed across the pond to England.

Belle Fish
ATC
No one wanted Belle Fish this weekend either so Rhonda and Belle are hanging out in my availables notebook together till someone claims one or the other of them.

Alton P. Fish
ATC
The P. doesn't stand for anything other than P. Alton is headed to England.
All these fish were scanned before the glue was completely dry cause I hadn't the patience to wait on that glue to take it's sweet old time drying. None of the white stuff in the scans is really on the cards now that the glue has dried.

Traveling Cat
ATC
Map, orchard paper, markers, magazine cutout for his wings, rickrack, a glass leaf, googly eyes, wire whiskers, cardstock nose. All attached to that thick chipboard. You know the stuff I'm talking about....:)
This fella is headed to Germany.


Surfing Rat #4
I talked about this fella at the beginning of this post. He was found on Google Images quite some time ago. I'm uncertain just what I typed into the search engine to find him back then. I ran across the printed off image during the CAT. He is made the exact same way as the other rat.
I still have one more surfing rat to make for a trade already in the works.
He's headed to Seattle, Washington, USA.

Plumeria
ATC
This one and the next one were neither made during the weekend. I made them on Thursday of this past week. They were not in the CAT and I've not traded either of them. They are here simply cause they got scanned!
Markers on recycled cardstock that used to be a set of flash cards.
Orange Plumeria
ATC

Money Cat #2
ATC
cardstock, toy money-both paper and plastic, googly eyes, cardstock nose, copper wire whiskers, drywall tape colored with markers for his bow. All attached to that thick chipboard from that game.
Money Cat is going to Finland.
Money Cat #1
ATC
This one is made same as the other one. Both made at the same time as well. This one is keeping the fish company in my availables notebook.
Midnight Beach
ATC
Sandpaper, magazine cutout, paper crab with tiny bead eyes, paper grass, pcs of a woven bamboo calendar, tiny star sequins all attached to that thick chipboard from that game.
This one is on it's way to Oregon, USA.
When Sunday morning rolled around...my muse went way the hell off into left field. These last 10 were made between 3am and 12pm.
wantonly obscure
ATC
magazine cutouts on recycled cardstock and text from a book called The Game. That would be the book I keep talking about altering. I neglected to read this book before I started cutting it up! Now I wish I had read it! All the text on all ten of these cards to follow are from that book unless otherwise stated.
I wanted to do a Halloweenish card for the CAT. At least ONE! This is my attempt at being Halloweenish.
The Mule
ATC
I thought this one didn't make any sense after I made it. But my sister Linda said it made perfect sense to her! Guess whatever you get out of it is what went in it? I really had no 'idea' about what it was supposed to mean when I made it. I put the images on the cards and then dug text out of the envelope it's kept in at random, more or less. Does it make any sense to you?
Text about the mule came from instructions for a game called Hold Your Horses and the other text from my altered book.
Ridiculous
ATC
One wouldn't think apples could be so scary! LOL So downright ODD! I traded ATCs similar to these with Goatgoddess awhile back. Her scary fruits were pears. I found these apples in my image box and thought about those too weird pears she had made. I love these though cause they kinda scream out at you when you first see them! Images are all magazine cutouts. Text from the altered book.
Professor
ATC
Another attempt at something Halloweenish. Though I think I missed that mark by quite a bit. Magazine cutouts and collage image someone sent me with a trade. That man is someone famous, but I couldn't tell you who he is.
Pardon
ATC
Another funky apple.
Game 2
ATC
My critics (aka Sisters Susan and Linda) tell me this is just wrong! I thought it was rather funny myself. Wallpaper, magazine cutouts, text from the horse game and th altered book, all attached to recycled cardstock.
Friends
ATC
I think this is my favorite ATC made during the weekend. We all need our friends for a whole host of reasons and why shouldn't they be there to watch you deradicalize yourself if you happen to need deradicalized?
The little alien guy is there cause, well, those who need deradicalizing probably have some mighty strange friends to begin with!
Magazine cutouts and text from The Game attached to recycled cardstock.
Eight
ATC
Snoopy is decorating! The cake came off a birthday card I got in an art trade. It wasn't my birthday. Greeting cards are used to protect the art being sent. Snoopy is a magazine cutout and his stool is drawn with markers. The candle is cardstock and his crown came with a little spiral bound journal. I draw in that journal so use the crowns in other art.
Dinner Conversation
ATC
Elmo is a cutout from junkmail. The text comes from the altered book. All is attached to recycled cardstock. I really can't see Elmo having this conversation with his dinner mates but the idea of all these is to shock, make you think, see something in a different light than you generally see those things! This one opens the eye! And who doesn't love Elmo? He is so darn cute!
This one is headed to Missouri, USA.
Corndog
ATC
This man and horse were in the same picture in the magazine. I cut them apart so the would fit on the ATC. The picture originally was showing off this horse because of his pedigree. I had an image of a protest sign that said, "I want a corndog" and thought it was funny but it wouldn't fit on the ATC without covering too much of the man and horse so I put it in a balloon so it would fit. Critic Susan busted out laughing at this one! Those black lines behind man and horse are the writing on the recycled flash cards the picture is glued to.

That's all the art for today.
My left shoulder is hurting pretty bad and I'm going to go lay down for awhile.
Get your hugs! The one RW gave me earlier hurt like the dickens but felt so great! Be good to one another!
Until next time:
Peace
831

1 comment:

John said...

Hi Donna! Hope your left shoulder's better.

Thanks for sharing all that artwork. I like most of them, and some are seriously funny, like the teddy bear staring up the menopausal woman's dress! LOL

Followers