Humans have the need to be loved. Not all human beings practice the art of sowing love and therefore don't reap a full harvest in return. Love shouldn't take discipline to be accomplished but sometimes it does. We forget that we are not the only beings in our space. Every person we touch in our lifetime becomes a part of our space and we a part of theirs. If every human being on the planet could live in harmony with all their fellow human beings, the world would be a lot nicer place to inhabit.
Leo Buscaglia wrote a book called Living, Loving and Learning. I found this list in that book at the end of the chapter called That's Where The Light Is. This list may help you to attain a greater degree of love in your space. When you fill your own space with love it seeps out of the seams and engulfs others' spaces. How wonderful would it be if we could bottle it all up and detonate the essense in mass quanities across the globe? Imagine all the smiles, imagine the tears that would be dried.
Here is Leo Buscaglia's list of words that he feels are a guide to what is essential:
1. Right Knowledge, to supply you with the tools necessary for your voyage.
2. Wisdom, to assure you that you are using the accumulated knowledge of the past in a manner that will best serve the discovery of you presence, your "now".
3. Compassion, to help you accept others whose way may be diffferent from yours, with gentleness and understanding, as you move with them or through them or around them on your own way.
4. Harmony, to be able to accept the natural flow of life.
5. Creativity, to help you to realize and recognize new alternatives and unchartered paths along the way.
6. Strength, to stand up against fear and move forward in spite of uncertainty, without guarantee or payment.
7. Peace, to keep you centered.
8. Joy, to keep you songful, and laughing and dancing along the way.
9. Love, to be your continual guide towards the highest level of consiousness of which man is capable.
10. Unity, which brings us back to where we started-the place where we are at one with ourselves and with all things.
I think Leo has that living, loving and learning business figured out. If you've not read the book, find a copy and give it a shot. I need to read my own copy again just to refresh my memory and motivate me to love a little better than I have been doing of late.
I haven't collected any hugs today and I may not collect any today. It's still young...only five a.m. here in Kansas. There are a lot of things on the agenda today. Loving is one of those things!
You all go collect some hugs today, give a few as well. Consider yourselves cyberhugged for sure! Tis the human touch we all crave though and my saying you've been hugged isn't exactly what you all need! Go touch someone today ... spread the love.