24 November 2008

Ramblings and Old Artwork

Hello Good People!

It has been an excellent Sunday. The weather was nice, my son came to visit, I talked to Ma on the telephone earlier this evening and I saw my sister early this morning as well. I also did a load of artwork during the day. The dishes did not get done though. I will show you all what I was up to today, tomorrow night or Tuesday. I haven't scanned them yet as a few of them are still drying. I made nine Chunky pages and one ATC. All things that are due or were due weeks ago. I still have those cats to paint though. I got busy with trees and didn't get to the cats.

It is almost time I head to bed. I've been awake since 5 this morning and it is now after 1 a.m.

I'm sharing some old artwork with you all. I hope my memory is serving me correctly this evening and I have not shown you all any of these already.
My home state of Kansas depicted on an ATC that went to England of all places! Not very artistic really considering the only thing I drew on the card is the elevator placed near Colby. To give you an idea of the scale of the map, I live in Stockton. Hays is 38 miles to the south. Colby is about 100 +/- miles to the west.

This is an ink drawing done with fine point sharpie marker on slick cardstock. I forget where it went... New York state I think, but don't hold me that cause I very well could be totally wrong!

This is a failed photograph with the saying written on it with sharpie marker. I've no idea where this one went either and I won't even take a stab at guessing!


This is an acrylic painting on sandpaper. Surprisingly sandpaper is quite easy to paint on and it gives a wonderful texture! I've done a few paintings on sandpaper since this first attempt. I've no clue where it went either. I keep drawing a blank on the destinations these ATCs ended up at.


This is one of the very first ATCs I made and one of the very first I traded as well. I still have ATCs that were made back in Nov of 07 that have not traded yet. The card reads: A good reason to dream is that in dreams you don't have to have reasons.
November 19, 2007 was the day I discovered and started making ATCs for trade. I have come a long way in improvement from my first attempts. I've learned a lot in the past year about art and about myself as well.
I will come back Monday evening when I get home from watching the girls to yak at you all again. I have a ballgame to go to in the afternoon. Not sure what sort of ballgame. I want to say volleyball but for some reason my old brain is shut down mode at the moment! Might be cause I'm in need of some sleep?
You all be good to one another. Get yourself a few hugs anyway you can today.
Peace
831




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi very cool compilation and wordings. I liked the map and the sandpaper art products.

I was discussing a project made for adults here in So Cal for people who want to start to learn about art, and painting. It seems that the teachers make them paint on rough sandpaper.... :)

good post and I want to see the scans....

Donna said...

Hi Jesse! Thanks for stopping by with such nice things to say!
I started painting on sandpaper cause I thought it would be something different for ATCs. I hadn't seen anyone else paint on it. I did three paintings the first time and all them traded rather quickly. I'm fixing to get out the acrylics later today to get my cat portraits done and when those are finished I may paint a few more sandpaper paintings as well.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Followers