03 June 2009

Wednesday Is Here!

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. Henry Ward Beecher

There's your quote for the day! Yeah I know you already get one when you read this blog but sometimes those change before you get to see them. This one wasn't a quote of a day from the gadget above. I found it elsewhere and thought it 'fit'. So here it is!

It's a nice warm Wednesday at 11:35 a.m. That's the time as I begin this entry. It may be hours from now when I finish it.

I've been awake for about an hour. The phone rang shortly after I hauled my butt out of bed. It was RJ calling to ask if I would let the grandpup spend the weekend here. I told him, "Sure, bring Pug on over. She can spend the weekend terrorizing the cats and Fred." That little dog really isn't a problem...she's just a nut case!

I went out to the burned house to gather a few things together for RJ and T to take to with them this weekend. They are headed to other parts of the state and wanted to stop in Abilene to talk to RJ's aunt and give her a few things for her second hand shop. She will be pleased with the assortment I've gathered for her. She wasn't home when I called to make sure just what it was she wanted but she should call me back sometime pretty soon I would guess.

I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and yapping at you all.

Not sure what is on the agenda for the day. I know the dishes need finished before they pile up out of control. There's only a sinkful and two pans at the moment. If I let it go much longer, there will be a boatload of dishes and I'll not want to do them! Laundry should be started again as well. Laundry is never ending!

I think the trashmen have already been here ..... I should have emptied all the trashcans in the house yesterday. Too late now. Guess the trash will just have to sit in the bin till next Wednesday.

I have another book to add to the list of books read this year. I finished To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee the night before last. I was reading on the www the other week about this book and the racial slurs that are contained in it. They use the "N" word with regularity. That's not a word I want uttered in my presence and it's a word I forbade my children to use in any context when they were little. The debate about the book and the "N" word was that is was hateful and just plain mean to use it in literature in this day and age. I think those in that debate forget that the book was published in the early 60s and the story was set in the 1930s. To take that word out of the book, which is what the debate was essentially about, would take away from the story the book tells. The feelings toward negros in the 1930s were quite different than the feelings towards them today. I'm not even certain that calling black people negros is politically correct. I know calling them the 'N' word sure the hell isn't correct and never should have been but that is something we cannot change. To Kill A Mockingbird is an excellent book. It's a story about a white man who defends a black man falsely accused of raping a white woman. Atticus does his best to get Tom Robinson off of the charge cause he did nothing wrong. It is a good book with a good story despite the "N" word scattered among the words. And if you took the "N" word out of it, it just wouldn't have the same impact as that wretched word left in does.

The kids were here and left the grandpup with me. She's in the locked in the bathroom at the moment as the kids just left and she'll follow them down the middle of the highway if I don't lock her up till they are well out of sight. She sounds like someone's beating the daylights out of her, but she's quite fine locked in the bathroom for a few moments. The kids will be home on Monday or Tuesday.

They have asked me to go pay their lot rent and check on their house up in Pburg cause RJ can't remember if he closed the front door or not. So looks like me and the dogs will be going for a ride later today.

Looks like I forgot to post this one yesterday. So you'll be getting two for the price of one today.
I hope you got your hugs on Wednesday! I didn't get any hugs on Wednesday.
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers