23 December 2008

Donna Has Learned a Thing or Two Tonight!

And then maybe she hasn't learned as much as she had hoped to brag about....

I'm trying to add a link back to Jesse's blog for the award he gave me. It can't be done as far as I can tell. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with this wretched machine and everything to do with my technological difeciencies!
Thanks for the award, Jesse and as soon as I figure out those danged links...I'll add the pictures of the awards and link back to you, my friend! Bear with me, please.

It has been a learning day for sure! I did figure out how to add a list to the blog sidebar. Yeah! That surprised me to no end that it actually worked. This PC and me, we don't always see eye to eye. This wretched machine makes things so very difficult sometimes. I guess I shouldn't have wanted more than one gadget this evening... Check out all the books I've read thus far this year. I might get one more added to the list... all depends on how crazy it gets around here between now and the 31st.

I went to the bowling alley this evening with the girls and their mama and papa. I can't bowl. For various reasons I can't bowl.
1. I can't pick up a bowling ball and actually toss it down the lane for one. It's physically impossible for me to do that without hurting myself quite badly.
2. Even when I could pick up a bowling ball and toss it down the alley, I couldn't hit the pins at the end of the lane in a consistent manner. I hated bowling then cause I was no good at it and I doubt I would be any better at it now even if I could attempt it.
3. Bowling balls are only good for yard art in my experience with dealing effectively with the damn things. (Though they do come in many lovely colors... the better which to adorn your yard!)
I had a good time at the bowling alley despite the fact I don't bowl. It's not really a spectator sport unless spectators make it so. I tried my best to enjoy the view. I did laugh a time or two so it wasn't so very dull at all. Strikes bring out the animal in some people. I saw chicken dances, heard whoops of joy and saw terrible faces made when a ball didn't go quite where the thrower had intended. I did have a good time!
I didn't really sit with the girls...again someone forgot to call me and tell me the plans had changed. Had I known the girls were going to the bowling alley tonight I wouldn't have bothered to get dressed and go to town. I could have gone to Hays with RJ earlier today. I'm not really complaining ... I just wish I weren't so forgettable when it comes to changed plans, that I am a part of, and no one bothers to tell me the plans have changed. It's kinda rude. It hurts my feelings cause I am sure I should be thought much higher of. It wasn't all lost though. I made the best of the situation and I got supper for my trouble of getting out in the cold. It was only 11 degrees F when I left the house at 6:15 p.m. The meatloaf was good. I can't make a meatloaf to save my soul so I never pass it up from someone who does know how to make a decent one. There were green beans and mac and cheese to go with it too. Green beans are my favorite veggie next to brussel sprouts.
I'll be heading back to town tomorrow evening to deliver presents to them all. I don't know why this is such a sore spot for me, but it is. There are four of them. I give EACH of them a gift every Christmas. Four gifts carefully thought out and given with love. I get one gift and its chosen by only one of them. Should I feel let down about that? It's the same way with Birthdays... I give each of them a birthday present every year and I only get one present on my birthday. They have all been known to forget my birthday and run out and get me something cause they think it is necessary. I don't know... I probably make more of it than I should. The only time I really think about this is this time of year. It's when I'm wrapping four presents knowing I'm only going to be unwrapping one, I guess? I don't know. I just know it doesn't sit right with me. I also know how selfish it sounds and I don't want you all to think I'm just in it for the pressies. I'm not. It goes a lot deeper than just Christmas gifts... I feel I give more to this friendship sometimes than I get out of it. I love these people. I have loved them since I first met them. They have many good qualities and their gift giving regime is the only thing that really bothers me where they are concerned. Well, that and they forget to tell me when plans have changed. That doesn't bother me near as much as the present thing though. I just don't know. I'm not going to worry about it, not today.
I did get my present from the lady of the house. She's the one who chooses the presents. It's a nice thoughtful gift. Now all I need is someone to rub that foot lotion on my feet after I use the foot soak and the scrubber stuff that came with it! I can't easily reach my own feet because of my back right now. I play hell putting on my socks everyday! I also got a new bath poofy, two small candles in a nice little tin and a great big hot chocolate mug. I'm gonna use the mug on my painting table for some utensils that won't fit easily in my brush caddy.
I still have to wrap their presents. I do hope they like what they're getting. I give to them because I do love them, not because I want lots of presents for myself. I got more stuff now than one person really needs. I'll get a 'Merry Christmas' from each of them and that will be enough. I'm only human and we humans have a few failings. One of mine is that I get to feeling sorry for myself sometimes and I try to blame that on others when in reality I am the only who can change any situation in my own life.
I have to go to bed. It's a quarter to two in the morning and Christmas is the day after tomorrow. You all wouldn't believe all that I still must accomplish before then! I won't go into detail cause that would just take away from my beauty sleep! So....
Go get yourself a hug or two ( I got two of them today! :) Nice tight hugs, full of feeling!). I shall come yak at you all probably the day after Christmas. I'm gonna be way too busy till after then to get back in here to talk to you good people.
Merry Christmas and God Bless you all!
Peace
831

1 comment:

John said...

Merry Christmas Donna :)

Thanks for your friendship and your time spent visiting my blog and commenting. I truly appreciate that. Take care!

Followers