28 October 2009

Artwork, A Birthday Remembered, and A Little Something Else, I'm Sure

It has been a few days since I posted anything.
My brother and Ma are helping me straighten out the burned house. We spent the afternoon out there on Thursday of last week. Making room for all the junk that is now in the trailer house shed.
Brother Sam cleaned off the patio, organized all the SCJunk (scrap metal junk), it's looking good out there on the patio! He has separated iron, copper, brass and aluminum into their own piles out at the point. (The point is what I call the eastern boundary of my property. It's called the point cause the land comes to a point there. The highway veers off to the south a tad and the field out behind the house intersects with my land there.) Most of the SCjunk used to be scattered all over the patio and strung out on the point. Now it is all nice and neat!
My plan is to get all that junk gone through, out of the trailer house shed and into the burned house so the trailer house shed can be torn down cause it is NOT going to survive another big wind! I was suprised to see it still standing after the big wind came along and blew the privacy fence down and took some of the siding off the trailer house shed a couple of summers ago. It won't survive another big wind! It just won't. And I'd rather tear it down while it's still standing than to have to clean up the mess that would occur if a big wind took it down!
We got the woodburning stove in the burned house fired up and it was quite toasty in the burned house the other day when we there. We will bring boxes from the trailer house to the burned house and dispose of the trash, separate the keep stuff from the stuff to sell at a garage sale later next summer. That stove hasn't been fired up since the winter of 04/05. It has a few issues but it will keep it warm enough in the gutted burned house to be able to work out there. I don't think it is a hazard to fire it up even though it does have some issues. The burned house is basically a shell of a house and there is nothing close to the stove that could potentially cause a big fire if the fire got out of the stove. Concrete floors don't burn readily!
I'm toying with the idea of an auction rather than a garage sale but I've yet to make that decision. We'll see how much is there once the shed is empty.
Sam emptied the garage of all the junk that was there. He put it in the burned house in RW's old room. That room is about 1/3 full (boxes stacked to the rafters). My old desk room is about 1/2 full with junk that was in the burned house. Most of that stuff belongs to RJ and T.
I say JUNK, but what I really mean is stuff....useful stuff...not necessarily useful to me...but to someone somewhere! It is just easier to call it junk.

The rest of the week....I was only out in the burned house with Sam and Ma on Thursday for a few hours time. We accomplished a great deal in that time but the rest of the week was spent with an aching body that refused to cooperate with what needed to be done. I did get some laundry done but not much else! A lot of sleep going on. The fibro has been kicking my butt quite hard this month. That has to do with the weather, stress and I haven't exactly been eating real good this month either. Not cause there is no food to eat, but cause I just don't feel like cooking somedays cause I never feel like doing the dishes. No cooking equals no dishes dirtied... I do eat but the stuff I should ..... .I miss veggies! I'm working on this issue. I know I need to eat good.

Some artwork got done but not a lot. Most of the artwork posted today was done earlier in the month. I'm still on schedule with the goal of 1000 inchies. Another two dozen of them in this bunch with 10 more ready to be scanned. I won't scan them till I have another 2 to make a dozen. I do have to get cracking on the inchies cause I still have right at 300 of them to complete in two months if I am to reach this goal.

Enjoy the artwork.


Butterfly Sailboat and Space
Twinchies
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Seahorse and Elmo
Collage- security envelope insides, magazine cutouts
twinchies
Only You and Traveling Man
Collage- ONLY YOU cardstock, image from catalog, glitter, magazine cutout attached to recycled chipboard.
Collage-- TRAVELING MAN map from an altas, magazine cutout attached to recyled chipboard.
twinchies

Lightning and Mr. Sun
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Twinchies
Big Green Truck and Crack
Collage- BIG GREEN TRUCK security envelope insides, crepe paper, magazine cutout on recycled chipboard.
Collage- CRACK wallpaper, magazine cutouts, text written with markers attached to recycled chipboard.
twinchies
Elephant Liberty and Drink Life Deeply
Collage- ELEPHANT LIBERTY security envelope inside, logo off my phone bill, magazine cutout, markers all on recycled chipboard.
Collage- DRINK LIFE DEEPLY security envelope inside colored wit marker, magazine cutout, text from magazine all attached to recycled chipboard.
twinchies
Inchies are all done in markers on recycled cardstock. This batch brings me up to 678 inchies. My favorite in this bunch is the covered bridge, 1st in the last row.

These twelve bring up to 690 inchies out of the goal of 1000 for the year. My favorite from this bunch is the frog.

You all got a nice variety of art from me this time. We have a chunky page to show also.
Purple Fish Chunky Page
Sandpaper, jumprings filled with different color glue, pipe cleaners, novelty yarn. The fish is freehand cut from cardstock then dusted with fine sand and a googly eye slapped on. Once the sand dried sufficiently I painted the fish with purple acrylic ink. The backside is just purple with my info written in silver sharpie. Base of this page is a blank drink coaster. This one is going to Virginia, USA.
There will be another ART SHOW in the coming weeks.

I referred to a birthday remembered in the title of this post. Today is 27 October 2009. Gary (my late husband) would have been 56 years old today if he were still alive. He's been gone since 27 August 97 but when October rolls around...I think about him a lot! Doesn't seem possible he has been gone so long.
And that something else referred to in the title could be anything!
I got to see my grand daughter, held her for a bit on Saturday before the kids headed off to Nickerson for a few days. They won't be home till Thursday. RJ had an appt with his lawyer and T wanted to get some more work done on her dad's house. They are thinking seriously about moving back to Nickerson. That is where the jobs are, not here.
I couldn't hold Annabel for very long before my arms gave out on me. She weighs 11 pounds now and is already 3 months old! Time sure does fly!
Hey! Lookie Here! More Art!
I thought there was more when I was yakking on about other stuff here. Well let's do the ATCs cause there are no ATCs above.
Surfing Rat #6
ATC
Collage- markers and a picture of a rat found on Google Images. All attached to recycled chipboard from that game I can't remember the name of. This little guy was made on Tuesday the 27th. He is headed to New Jersey, USA
Rock Ape
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock. This one started out as a cat but it kinda turned into a monkey-looking critter so therefore the title.
Melvin
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock. Melvin is headed to Oregon, USA.
Felix
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock.
RW attempted to put up a shelf in the cutting room the other day but that was complete failure cause we didn't have the right screws and the boy hasn't been back to finish the job with the screws he said he had at home. I really need that shelf in the cutting room too. I spent a portion of everyday in that room, cutting cardstock or chipboard or something. There's a bunch of junk in that room that needs to go to the burned house too. The closet is full of stuff that shouldn't be there! When that room gets cleaned out I will bring some shelves in from the trailer house shed. One of those shelves needs a coat of paint before it comes into the house.
I need a whole crew of strong backs to help me get this place organized like I want it. I don't see the strong bodies I know helping on a regular basis with this project. I gotta grab some help any chance I get.
Somebody should water the houseplants before they meet their demise. Sam is waiting for me to cut Stephen's plant to a managable size so he can take it home with him. It's a diffenbachia and it's very tall! It does need to be cut down into three plants instead of just one tall one. I've killed the peace lily. Not intentionally. I also killed both of my rubber trees. That spider plant is looking a tad peaked. It really needs a drink. I know this needs done but I seem not to notice the plants when I walk through the livingroom and when I do notice I'm in the middle of something and no time to stop and water the plants. The philodendron on the kitchen table doesn't suffer from lack of water cause for some reason I don't forget about that one.
I suppose I should close this post out and get on with something else. maybe watering those plants??? yeah that's it! Water the plants! :)
You all have yourselves a wonderful Wednesday. I can't say for sure when I'll return but I will eventually. Get your hugs! They are necessary for you and those you share those hugs with. Get some kisses as well cause they only add to affects of the hugs! Be good to one another!
Peace
831

1 comment:

John said...

Elephant Liberty... ho ho ho...

How's the weather over at your place Donna? It went as low as 34 here last Wednesday, and it's not even November yet!

Followers