27 June 2010

Art and the Fence Will Get Fixed

Yes, that mess of a fence, which looks even worse today than it does in the pictures in the last post, will be fixed! The insurance adjuster agreed with me. That fence is a goner!
Whoo Hoo! I am a happy camper!
It looks worse now cause we had another big wind come through since the fence went down to begin with!

I have a boatload of art to show you all this morning! I've been an arting fool since Thursday! There is an ATART going on over at AFA this weekend and I have made a good selection of art for said athon!
Enjoy!
It is in no particular order!
4 Loteria ATCs
Rose
Spider
Skull
Singer
Collage on corregated cardboard from a toy truck package, red napkin, red satin ribbon, red wrapping paper with a plaid design, capgun ammo spent, white paint pen and a loteria stamp.
There is a Scavenger Hunt going on in conjunction with the ATART and one of the items on the list is a monochromatic theme on a project. The skull is my monochromatic for the scavenger hunt.

Elephant with Black Balloon
Postcard
26 June 2010
Collage on recycled cardstock with magazine pictures, paper towel with dried glue and black sharpie, the balloon is some kind of felt like stuff with clear glitter and a string hanging from the balloon. The elephant is freehand cut from a magazine page. I made this elephant months and months ago intending to put it in my altered book but that never happened so here it is today, used! Finally!
This one is for the Black and White item on the scavenger hunt. 


Payoff 4 x 4
26 June 2010
Collage on a base of two shirt box pcs glued back to back. Magazine images and designs, black netting. Text was typed in Word and printed out. I wrote the haiku about four years ago. I might make more of these hiaku 4 x 4s, I have hundreds of haikus to my name! This 4 x 4 will become a book cover if no one claims it in the ATART. I'll add some danglies to it if someone does claim it. This one is another item to cross off the scavenger hunt list.


Spider
Wire and Bead Critter
26 June 2010
Copperwire, red glass seed beads, gold glass bugle beads, wooden bead. Another to cross off the scavenger hunt. Make three projects using the same iten in each. Copperwire is my item. The spider is about two inches wide.


Gold Wire Tree
Tree of Life Pendant
25 June 2010
The pendant is about two inches diameter.


Sophia (back)
Peanut Person
Sophia is a towering 2 inches tall with a purple hat and dress made of yellow tissue paper and glue. Her arms and legs are silver florist wire, her hair is eyelash yarn, purple embroidery thread serves for the ribbon on her hat with the fabric rose and copperwire framework.


Sophia (front)
Peanut Person
Sophia's neck was nonexistant so she hasn't a face at all really. Either that or her hat is way too big! Anyway... she's all decked out to watch the big basketball game later tonight! Her pearls are plastic and her purse is metal screen from a broken television screen with gold microbeads attached with E6000.


Steve Salty, Center for the Salty City Salt Miners Basketball League
Peanut Person
26 June 2010
Steve started life as a shelled peanut with three nuts. That makes Steve nuttier than most! His uniform is yellow tissue paper adhered to his peanut shell with glue and painted with acrylics. His legs and arms are silver florist wire. I injured him gravely when I tried to do his hair the first time. Major surgery was required on his head before hair could be thought about. He has a layer of yellow tissue paper over his cracked head, painted his color. His blue mohawk (which refuses to stand up straight!) is blue crewel embroidery thread held together with a line of E6000 and glued to his head with the same. His facial features are acrylic paint and his ball is a wooden bead painted with slick fabric paint. And yes, he is #1! Just ask Sophia and Salty Sally! (You'll meet her later.)
The Peanut Persons ticked off another item on the scavenger hunt list: whimsical person any medium.


Here I am in my crown/paper hat/tiara/headgear/whatever you want to call that thing on my head! I'm calling it my crown to go with my new title: Queen of the Layers! Makes me sound like a chicken! LOL No, no! There is no fowl involved! None at all. The head gear is another thing ticked off the Scavenger Hunt! I got ten points for making this silly hat AND posting a picture of myself wearing it! I couldn't get the damn thing to sit straight on my head without taking my bun down and I didn't want to take my bun down so it's a jaunty silly hat! Oh I got my new title of Queen of the Layers cause for Thursday's challenge my layered piece had the most layers. I get a prize pack of some sort to go with that title too.

I have to go to bed. I will finish the commentary on the rest of the pictures when I get up and moving again after some sleep. Nighty night!
Get your hugs!
Peace
831

It's a whole new day!
There is more art to add but it hasn't been added to this post. That will happen in the next post which will probably go up sometime this evening. I whiled the day away in the deskroom, the day and the night. I got up around 4pm or so yesterday. Tis now almost 6am today.
The commentary for yesterday's art:
Beaded Bookmark
26 June 2010
Glass beads and copper wire. My sister Jeanny gave me these beads. They're very nice beads! Lovely to work with! This bookmark overall is around 9 inches. That's a guess, I didn't actually measure them.

As promised:
Salty Sally
Peanut Person
25 June 2010
Sally is with the basketball team's cheering squad. I'm not sure what her and Sophia have in those handbags, nor why they're dressed to the nines for a basketball tournament either. Sally has the heart of a peanut (her whole body actually). I brought a peanut with a blue face and orange hair home with me from next door. My sister's boyfriend had put them there with sharpies. I decided that peanut head needed a body and some clothes and then it just snowballed from there with the peanut persons. Steve was so much fun to make! Sally's hat (which I'm sure everyone thinks is her hair) is a piece of pipe cleaner coiled up and stuck on with E6000. Her dress is a string of sequin trim that has been hanging from a hook above my painting table for at least three years! It worked perfectly! I knew there was a reason to hang on to it. Her arms and legs are silver florist wire. She has gold and copper jump rings for bracelets and tiny fake pearl beads for earrings. Her purse is made from a Coke can and a bit of copper wire. She stands about 3 inches tall.
Sophia and Steve are both sealed quite well with tissue paper, glue and acrylic paint covering the whole of thier peanut bodies. Sally has no protective covering to speak of. She won't last near as long as the other two will. My sister hung Sally from a copperwire hook on the back of Sally's head on the chain above her table where she has lots of other hangy things of the nature that is Salty Sally.

Beaded Bookmark
26 June 2010
glass beads and silver florist wire with a thick silver wire stem.

Tree of Life Pendant
26 June 2010
Two different guages of copperwire, both salvaged from a dead appliance, purple glass beads and three plastic silver beads. This tree is about 2 1/2 inches across.


Tree of Life Pendant
25 June 2010
Milliflorie beads and two different guages of copperwire salvaged from a dead appliance. This one is about 2 1/2 inches wide and 1 3/4 tall. I like this one the least of all them and when I was making it I enjoyed the process because of the colorful beads.

Tree of Life
25 June 2010
Two different guages of copperwire salvaged from a dead appliance and pearl seed beads. This one is about 2 inches across. I can't call this one a pendant cause it doesn't have a bail. It will end up on the cover of a handmade book.



Tree of Life Pendant
25 June 2010
Two different guages of copperwire. This one is about 2 1/2 inches across.

Tree of Life Pendant
25 June 2010
Two guages of copperwire and two different sizes of fake pearls. This one is about 2 inches across. This one is going to be a surprise belated birthday present! Courtney isn't thinking I jipped her on her pressie for her bday, she hasn't given it a second thought that I didn't give her anything nor did I show up at her birthday party on Sunday afternoon right next door. So it will indeed be a SURPRISE when she finds it in the mailbox in the next few days!

Follow Your Dreams
Postcard
The base for postcards is usually recycled greeting cards, I think that's what this one is. The papers that are sewn together were sewn together not last christmas, but the christmas before. I hadn't a clue what the heck to do with them till I seen the Scanvenger Hunt list. Take an Oops! project and make it good. Well, I don't know about having made it good, but it isn't an oops anymore! I dusted the base with irredescent glitter, sealer, then the sewn together papers and a heart I cut from paper that came from the end pages of a book that has been robbed.

Winter Tree
ATC
25 June 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Stuffie
26 June 2010
I never gave this guy a name. He's made from cashmere sweater material, white cotton string for his legs and arms, pink crochet cotton to hold his halves together, two green glass donut beads for his feet, two different colored buttons for his eyes and halloween spider webbing for his innards. He's about a foot tall if you count his legs, but only about 5 inches if you leave his legs out of it.

Tree Lover
ATC
24 June 2010
Collage- The blue things on the corners are from one of my greatest pet peeves: those little cards that fall out of every stinking magazine on the planet! the Smithsonian sent me this one. The rest of the images and the text are from these magazines: a 1968 Gardening magazine, Recycling Today, eWeek and a magazine from my neurologist's office. The monkey is from an ad for a machine that processes scrap iron. I love the Recycling Today magazine! It's a good read and excellent collage fodder within.

Nelson's Poppies
ATC
Not sure when this one was done....23 June?
Markers on recycled cardstock.


Blue Eyed Devil
ATC
23 June 2010
Blind drawing in markers on recycled cardstock.

Executive Chicken
ATC
23 June 2010

And that concludes PART 1 of the ATART ArtFest. Tune in tomorrow for PART 2.

Get your hugs people! Everybody needs hugs!
Give them away!
Peace Good People
831


1 comment:

soulbrush said...

as you know, i have been flabbergasted and amazed and dazzled by all the stuff you have produced this weekend. i love your whackiness (said with the utmost kindness and love).

Followers