03 August 2010

Art to Showoff!

I have no rambling to do. I slept the day away again and not much happens in a world of sleep.
I do have a boatload of art to show off though. Only you can decide if it is indeed art of which I speak!  I have other books done but I didn't make those books, I only altered them. They're composition notebooks covered in monochromatic colors of magazine cutouts. They aren't very exciting if truth be known. I have seven of them done and about 15 more to do. I'm going to try to sell them at the Adam's Apple Festival in Lucas in early September.
Enjoy!

Blue Glitter Peace Book
July 2010
this little book is 5 x 7 inches. Covers are made from a frozen pizza box covered with shades of blue cut from various magazines. After the magazine pages were dry, I painted the whole thing with blue glitter paint, front and back of each cover is blue with magazine pages and glitter paint. It is sewn with blue cotton string in the coptic stitch and has 5 signatures of 10 sheets of newsprint paper. The picture does not show just how sparkly this book is! The peace sign on the front cover came from an ad in an Elle Magazine for the GAP.

Glittery Red Book
July 2010
This book is 4 x 4 inches made from recycled chipboard covered with shades of red cut from various magazines. It was painted with pink glitter paint and sewn with blue cotton string in the coptic stitch. It has 5 signatures of 5 sheets of blue parchment stationary paper.

10 ATC size little books
July 2010
These little books are 2.5x3.5 inches (same as an ATC), made with recycled chipboard covered with vintage upholstery material. They are japanese stab bound with 25 sheets of manilla drawing paper.
They are laying on my paper cutter so you get to see it as well. I love my paper cutter! I couldn't make little books without it!

I do postcards to kill time in the livingroom. Where the sayings on them come from, I can't really say. They just come out of me and I don't question them. I just go with whatever the muse is thinking. She goes to some mighty strange places in postcard making!

Puppy Food
Postcard 4x6 inches
31 July 2010
Russian text on the background, kitty came from a cat food ad, the dog is a logo for something or another and the egyptian bird came from an e-week magazine for somekind of software. words are from one magazine or another. All attached to recycled chipboard or recycled greeting card.

Just One More Reason
Postcard 4x6 inches
July 2010
Images are from various magazines glued to recycled greeting card or recycled food packaging box.

Pig Sperm
Postcard 4x6 inches
July 2010
the background is a picture of old mattresses from a recycling magazine, pig is from a catalog for industrial absorbants, frog is from a nature encyclopedia, the rest of the images came from magazines for this or that. It is called 'pig sperm' cause of the fellas in the swimming pool. All is glued to recycled greeting card or recycled chipboard.

My muse has been fighting me about doing ATCs. I finally rustled her into cooperating with what I needed to do! I had to get caught up on the 365 Project so I could turn the calendar page to August! These 8 do not accomplish that exactly but I'm closer!
I do have 10 more ATCs drying right now that I made earlier this evening. They need a few more components and then I can scan them. They are all for the 365 Project and everyone is going to get tired of seeing Kitties for 10 days straight!  You all will see them in the next post though, not this one.
No kitties to show you in this batch!

Entryway
ATC
2 August 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
365 Project Day #201

Barn Rat
ATC
30 July 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #202

Blue Pear with Orange Wallpaper
ATC
1 August 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #203

Brown Quail
ATC
1 August 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #204

Cherries for Breakfast
ATC
1 August 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #205

Norma's Pig
ATC
30 July 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #206

Peace of a Morning
ATC
1 August 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #207
I know the peace sign on the cup is not quite right. I fixed it after scanning when I discovered that I am sometimes not quite with 'it'.

Things He Shared
ATC
31 July 2010
markers on recycled cardstock
365 Project Day #208

Here's hoping you all have a fantastic Tuesday!
Get some hugs! Not a single day should go by without at least one hug from someone!
Peace my friends!
831

2 comments:

soulbrush said...

never mind the sleeping, you need to rest- let's talk art baby. these are all fantastic. what are you gonna do with all the little books? do you make arty things for christmas and birthday pressies? you are my guru donna, you never cease to amaze me with your talent. you are certainly not a one trick pony girlfriend.

Donna said...

Hi Joss,
Thanks for always stopping by!
I'm hoping to sell these little books at the Adam's Apple Festival in Lucas in about a month. That's the plan. I'll be taking a few other things with me as well; postcards, bookmarks, ATCs, tree of life pendants, little handmade books, not all sure just what.

Yes, I do make arty things for christmas and birthday pressies! I think my friends and family think I'm nuts though! I've yet to see any of them actually use the little books I've given to them but I can't make them use the books! Only my brother has written anything in any of those books.

I hope you find inspiration from my creativity, Joss. No one's ever called me a guru before! LOL :) I think I like the sound of it!
You are correct. I am not a one trick pony. I need variety!

Followers