01 January 2012

A New Year, A New Beginning

I haven't really sat down and thought about what I'd like to accomplish in 2012. I know I'll be doing artwork on a regular basis, that's become a habit over the last couple years. It's a given. I would like to write more poetry this year than I did last year. Though I wrote more poetry last year than I did the year before so maybe that's becoming a habit as well. Perhaps this is the year to start a poetry blog? Not sure about that one.

It's the first day of the new year and I have done artwork today. A bit of drawing in the form of a mandala and a bit of collage work in the form a bejeweled cupcake. I started on a new project yesterday. The deadline is to mail the first week in Feb. Time's a flying! I'm almost to the halfway mark on the inside pages of the envelope book. Still have five envelopes to pretty up and then make a cover for the book and fill it with goodies. It's a bigger project than I anticipated when I agreed to this trade. It's a good challenge though! I'm well on my way to completing it with no trouble at all. The hard part will be deciding how to bind it.
I think I am going to use a bolt system for the binding. First I have to locate appropriate bolts and nuts to see if it can even be done like I'm thinking. Locating nuts and bolts involves going to the garage and raiding the bucket with nuts and bolts in it.

I don't have any pictures to show you today. I need to clean off this desk (yes, it's still a mess from the last time I said it needed cleaned off.) so I can clean off the top of the scanner and put all that stuff back on the desk where it belongs! Messes have taken over for the first of the year! A major cleaning spree is slated as soon as Christmas gets over with! The cutting room, kitchen table (that's where I do paper mache work), sewing table in the bedroom and this deskroom all need a major going through!

One of the things I am vowing to accomplish in 2012 is to not buy anything for arts and crafts! NOTHING! If folks want to give me things, yeah, I'll gladly accept the gift and eventually put it to good use, but I'm not buying anything! Maybe a bottle of glue or two, but no paper, no beads, no fibers, no embellishments, no paint, markers or the like. I have enough arty supplies to keep me busy for an eternity! Well. at least through a whole year, with extra to share!

I've done not a whole lot today. Other than work on the envelope book for a couple of hours, I've been planted in front of this computer either playing games, trying to sign in to Yahoo (they don't like my password today...) or playing games on facebook. A rather non productive day in all aspects.
I have made three pots of coffee and cooked some rice and beef for supper. I declined two offers for supper this evening. I really don't feel well enough to traipse across the backyard to go to either Ma or Susan's house for ham and beans.. Take your choice, they both made it. There will be leftovers tomorrow I'm certain!

I'm going to try and do a post every day this year. We shall see how long that keeps up! :)
I really don't have any new news so I'll let you get on with your day!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Followers