07 April 2012

Collage and Drawings

Hello Readers!

The Easter-A-Thon is in progress over at AFA this weekend. (The link's up there on the sidebar.) I've been doing some drawing.
I'll probably be doing some more drawing this evening.

Tomorrow, which is Easter, I will probably be doing some more drawing. In the morning, round bout 11 or so my presence is requested next door at my sister's for Brunch. I'm supposed to be bringing the sausage gravy and biscuits we're going to be eating for brunch. 
I got that covered...all but the actual making of said biscuits and gravy. That will happen between 10 and 11 in the morning. I think I can handle it! Luckily I just have to get it all across the backyard to sister's house. Will have to commandeer a body to carry the dutch oven. I have trouble picking that thing up when it's empty. Half full of gravy? Ain't no way I could carry it across the backyard!  Head count for brunch is right at 12, so I'll be needing a good bit of gravy! 16 biscuits as well. I cheated with the biscuits...I bought canned. I may whip up a batch from scratch too...those people can put the food away...we may need more than 16 biscuits. Scratch biscuits are ALMOST as easy as canned!

My muse isn't really into making art today. 
I'm thinking a change of scenery is what is needed for the muse so I'm going to go sit in my chair in the living room after I'm done here and see what I can do with a needle and thread today.

I made all of these in the last 30 some hours. I offered them all up for trade in the Athon, traded a few of them. 

Gray Winged Cat
ATC
markers on cardstock
This one found a new home.

Bunny's Prank
ATC
markers on cardstock

Orange Pig
ATC
markers on cardstock
This one found a new home, which surprised the heck out of me!
I really thought the marker I picked up to color the pig, was pink. Some days I see alright and other days; I'm blind as a bat!
 It usually works out that the drawings I think suck big time, are the ones snatched up the quickest! 
Orange Pig is headed to The Netherlands and an APC (altered playing card) is headed to Kansas! 

Red Winged Blackbird
Bookmark
markers on cardstock


Scratching Bunny
ATC
markers on cardstock

Tiger In The Woods
ATC
markers on cardstock
This one found a new home.

Blue and Orange Jug
ATC
markers on cardstock
Winged Bunny
ATC
markers on cardstock

Zentangle Taurus
ATC
markers on cardstock

Lady Bug
ATC
markers on cardstock

Nothing But Luck
ATC
markers on cardstock

Spotted Sexton Beetle
ATC
markers on cardstock

Around my neck of the woods we call these Rove Beetles. Any beetle with short wing covers is referred to as a rove beetle. These guys eat decaying matter. When I was in high school (oh so many years ago!), in Zoology Class we had to assemble an insect collection. I really like bugs so this wasn't a daunting task to me. It was an adventure!!  I came across a barrel of rotting grain in my search for bugs one day. In it were five of these guys. The one's I found were black and white, not red. I caught 2 of them for the collection. Turns out these black and white rove beetles were not supposed to have been in my neck of the woods at all! They were well out of their known range. I kept one of the beetles for my collection and the other beetle went into the collection of the high school I attended. I had about 65 individuals in my collection, all housed in a wood and glass display case.Years later, my husband gave my insect collection away to a little boy who came to our yard sale with his mother. I was out running errands when this occurred. The Mr. never did like that insect collection, even though he knew it was one of my prized possessions. I was so mad at him for giving it away!
I still collect insects, though not on the scale I did before I was married! There are a couple of dead bugs in my freezer right now, waiting to be pinned and preserved. 
Drawing bugs is a lot less time consuming and no bugs die at the hand of the Bug Murderer. 

There are a few unfinished ATC drawings laying on this desk that will probably end up in the circular file. My muse jumped ship on drawing and trying to go on without her is like me trying to captain the ship when I'm just the lowly maid who makes the beds. Disaster is sure to happen!

So I switched to making postcards. Almost every postcard I've made is made in collage. There are a few painted ones, but there are no drawn postcards from me. I've no idea why that is. My muse just doesn't draw postcards apparently.
At any rate, I proceeded to drag out all the paper bits and bobs. I decided owls would be the way to go...

Pink Stripe Owl 
Postcard
collage

I really need to practice with collage. Some times the elements just fall in place with little thought needed for a successful collage to emerge. Other times, all the thought in the world isn't going to help! 
This one is a bit in between somewhere. In other words, I ain't real crazy about it!

Hedgehog Owl
Postcard
collage

And then this ugly thing comes along...I ruined it by outlining the owl with the fat sharpie...or so I thought I had any way. The addition of the hedgehog and the kitten should have been second thought. I knew the second I glued the kitten down, something wasn't right! I am not fond of this one at all, but what the hell do I know???? This one is headed to South Carolina. And it's going naked which means everyone can see the ugly thing! Art really is in the eye of the beholder! Those who create art know nothing!
I'll be getting a lovely altered postage stamp ATC in exchange!

Things got a bit better when I gave up on the owls.

Apple Pie 
Postcard
collage
I like this one best of all the postcards! 

That's about all I have for today.
The old body wants to go back to sleep but I really need to stay awake for a few hours.
We'll see what happens in the living room!
I'm off to play with fabric and thread!
Be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers