23 June 2012

Paintings and More Paintings

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by to see the latest  creations.

I've been busy painting on book pages again.
All of these are tempera paint on book pages. 

big whiskers
5x5inches


blue baby elephant
4x4 inches

candlestick and vase
ATC

endless desert night
4x5inches

four penguin paintings
3x2inches
I plan on doing a few more of these penguins and producing a penguin book of some sort with them.

jane
ATC

just resting
5x5 inches

poppies
5x8 inches
tempera paint background
flowers are oil pastels
This one will become a book cover eventually.

Picasso's green guitar
ATC

pink hearts elephant
ATC

purple and yellow elephant
4x4 inches

purple elephant
4x4 inches

purple kitty
4x5  inches

starry mountain night
4x5 inches

three african ladies
7x8 inches
background is tempera paint and ladies are oil pastels

Some of the dimensions of these might be a bit off. I truly didn't measure any of them. And even though they say they are one size, such as ATC, none of them are on a backing to make them the size indicated. 

So, this is what I've been up to for the last few days.
What have you been doing?

Be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831


1 comment:

scott davidson said...

How are we looking at the paintings of Mark Rothko these days?
Is he old hat, replaced in America by more contemporary concerns? Looking at his minimal canvases and their enticing floating squares of subdued paint live at the MOMA recently, I had to stop to wonder whether he still communicates to a modern and younger audience.
Wahooart, the site that sells good canvas prints to order from their database of digital images, has many Rothko prints. I ordered this one, Blue and Grey, that I have now hanging in my study. I can spend a long time looking at this elusive image that takes me to some other place not in this world.

Followers