21 July 2012

Some Bookmaking, Stars, Baking and a Monster

Hello Everyone~!
There's been a bit of creating happening at my house. 
I have a couple boxes full of these drug pamphlets. I used a few of the pamphlets on the paper mache cat I went on about for weeks late last quarter of last year. There are 10 pamphlets in each box and I probably have close to 60 of these boxes still to work with. My son gave them to me. He got them from the police cheif in the town where he lives. Each pamphlet deals with a certain drug or alcohol. I don't have a use, other than making something else out of them, for all these pamphlets and the lovely little boxes they are housed in. 
The pamphlets are printed on newsprint, each pamphlet a different color as you can see in the picture. The box is made of lightweight coverstock and has that wonderful little velcro dot attached to it! The boxes are a bit over 6x4 inches and 3/4 of an inch thick. 
I figured out how to make books out of the boxes and I went a tad nuts with it!  

scrapbooking paper inside and out, sewn with cream colored crochet cotton thread in the long stitch. This one has manila drawing paper pages, I think.

scrapbooking paper, sewn in long stitch with crochet cotton thread. Pages are refill pages for a Day Runner Planner.

Scrapbooking paper, sewn in long stitch with crochet cotton thread.Pastel colored unlined writing paper pages.

scrapbooking paper, sewn in long stitch with crochet cotton thread. Linen stationary paper pages.

scrapbooking paper, sewn in long stitch with crochet cotton thread. Refill pages for Day Runner Planner for pages.

Painted orchard paper with red glitter, sewn in long stitch with thin blue crochet thread. Manila drawing paper pages.

Painted orchard paper with red glitter and gold glitter, sewn in long stitch with thin blue crochet thread. Manila drawing paper pages.

Painted orchard paper, sewn with long stitch in white crochet cotton thread. Kitten stationary paper for pages.

Painted orchard paper, sewn in long stitch with white crochet cotton thread. Manila drawing paper pages.

Painted orchard paper, sewn in long stitch with white crochet cotton. Manila drawing paper pages.

Painted orchard paper with red glitter, sewn in long stitch with white crochet cotton. Manila drawing paper pages.

Painted orchard paper with red glitter, sewn in long stitch with white crochet cotton. Manila drawing paper pages.

All box books have 50 pages.

Acrylic Painting
I did this sometime last month. It will end up on a book cover. I plan on making another paper mache board book.



A series of shots of the four star and beer cap garlands I made a couple months ago. I don't think I ever took a picture of them. So here they are! 

I sewed another monster. 
Art thought Monster needed a hug and insisted a photoshoot was necessary! Art is 12 inches tall so that makes the monster right at 10 inches tall. Monsters body is made out of a felt Santa hat. His horns and eyes are felt as well. 
I still have a few Santa hats so expect to see a few red monsters from time to time.
Perhaps Art will decide hugs are in order again sometime!

I made some more polish stars with glittered points. 
Glittering the points is a pain in the neck. I haven't decided if the extra work is worth the results acquired. I've only made six of them that have glittery points and they do shine like the dickens when the light hits them just right! I imagine they'd shine really nice on a Christmas tree lit with many little lights. 
I rather like the plain jane variety of polish stars too. They look smashing on a lit Christmas tree!  I gave my son a little polish star and he hung it on the rear-view mirror in his van. They look quite cool hanging just about anywhere! 

I played Betty Crocker.
Homemade Hot Pockets filled with seasoned ground beef, onions and a bit of cabbage. Some of them have cabbage, some of them don't. This isn't all of them. I already ate three of them and I gave my sister another three of them.
No, I did not make the bread dough. I cheated on that. I got it from the freezer at the grocery store.

I made rolls out of the leftover bread dough. 
Hot out of the oven, they were to die for! I ate three of these too! 
With REAL BUTTER!
Oink, oink, oink!

I know I have more pictures of this cat than this one! I couldn't locate any others though. This must be the last one ever taken of Billy....:( I haven't seen hide nor hair of this cat for the last 11 days. That means one of two things;
Billy has gone on a walkabout and he'll be be back as soon as he's done with it.
or Billy's not ever coming back again.
I really don't know what's become of him. And not a thing I can do to make him come back home, either. 
I tell Fred dog, "Bring that cat back with you." every time I send let him out the door. He has yet to bring this cat back.
Lola cat is fine as frog's hair though! My left hand bears the marks of mean little claws that got a bit rambunctious in play yesterday. I wanted to simply pet her. No, she wanted no part of any petting business. She wanted to bite and play.

I shall keep praying that Billy comes home.

I don't have much of anything other than polish stars in the works at the moment. 
Something creative will happen around here, I am sure! 
You all stayed tuned!
Be good to one another!
 It matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers