22 January 2013

Butterflies, A Frog and Some Cool Origami Magic

Hello Readers!

As I promised yesterday, I have pictures of the Butterfly Garland hanging from the ceiling in my desk room. I'm afraid the pictures really don't show just how cool it does look hanging there!

As you can see there are many things hanging from the ceiling.
The little butterflies just added to the chaos. 
I am a fan of chaos. I like my space filled to the brim! 

Just call me Messy Marvin!
Some of the things hanging from the ceiling are experiments in origami and paper manipulations of one kind or another. Some of the things are just things I found to my liking. Like the green hummingbird ornament and the little elephant ornament. Someone gave me the elephant...I forget who.

And as you can also see, the wall is covered in stuff as well. 
Everything on the wall, well, most of everything on that wall is stuff for making other stuff. I have a problem with 'out of sight, out of mind'. Truly if I can't see it, I forget I even own it!
I am very, very pleased with the butterfly garland. Once I retrieve the other butterflies from behind the desk, I think more butterflies hanging from the ceiling are in order! There is still plenty of space!

I made another buckyball yesterday.

I don't know what possessed me. These things take HOURS to make!
First the triangles had to be cut. 
I needed 60, I cut more like 70 of them. All had to be measured out with the template and cut by hand.

Then I had to fold 60 units to form the finished ball.
Paper used is from an unlined writing tablet. There are two shades of pink, two shades of orange and some very light blue. Copy paper weight.
You don't want wimpy paper when you make a buckyball. But you don't want really stiff paper either. Copy paper weight is perfect!
I really like this shot looking into the inside of the buckyball.

The colors are way off in this picture. This is to show the size of the finished ball. I didn't measure it. But it's about the size of softball, just a touch smaller.

True colors in this picture.
The buckyball is the only thing I accomplished yesterday. That and listening to documentaries on hulu.com while folding the units. 
The units go together without glue or anything but they don't stay together with no adhesive. I used quick dry adhesive made by Elmers.
I've no clue what will happen with this. It may end up on my ceiling or it may end up at the Art Center in the gift shop with a hefty price tag on it. It does take HOURS to make one from start to finish. I spent about 9 hours on it. Not difficult to make, just time consuming!

I guess I did get this little frog done yesterday morning before the idea of the buckyball hit me. He was drawn the day before yesterday. I just put a coat of glitter paint over him yesterday morning and secured him to a postcard backing. 
He's done on cardstock in markers.

It is 7 a.m. on Tuesday, the 22nd of January right now. I don't know what will be accomplished today. Someone really needs to do the dishes and someone should probably get a load or two of laundry done today as well. I'm running on 9.5 hours of sleep so I should be good to go till around 5 p.m. or there abouts. I got up at 4:30 this morning!
I may finish up the little fairy I started the day before yesterday. She's about half done. 
Well, until next time:
be good to one another!
It matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers