03 February 2013

WIP x a few


Hello Readers!

I posted all these pictures a few days ago, came back the next day and added some commentary and nothing happened. No commentary took! Not sure why I lost all the typing but here I am trying to put it back again!

At the moment, my muse if off on some desert island frolicking with the natives. She certainly abandoned me for the last two days! I'm not too worried though, I know she'll be back and raring to go eventually. 

For now I have some works in progress to show.
Poodle Drawing
marker on cardstock
4x4 inches

Gecko Drawing
marker on cardstock
4x4 inches

These two will probably end up as book covers or chunky pages. The end results are still to be seen. There will probably be some color added to these before the end results are known also.

Over the weekend....the first weekend of February...I dragged out the paints to play along in the paint-a-thon over at AFA (links up at the top right). 
My muse wasn't really into painting. I think she decided to jump ship after I had done these 4 paintings below.

Trees at Sunset
acrylics on acrylic paper
4x4 inches
Still need to do something to the backside if this one is to be a chunky page. 

Cherry Blossoms and Bird
acrylics on acrylic paper
4x4
and again this one too needs something done to the backside if it is to be a chunky page.

The owls below are for a swap. All of them still need their backsides prettied up before I can call them chunky pages. I am in hopes the muse will make an appearance in the next few days to get these done and on their way to the host.

acrylics on acrylic paper
4x4 inches

markers on acrylic paper
4x4 inches

markers on acrylic paper works but it sucks up the marker juice like crazy!

acrylics on acrylic paper
4x4 inches
this is my favorite of the owls in this post.

markers on cardstock
4x4 inches

I'm still working on the dolls I showed you all in the last post. They've been singing to me for the last couple days but the muse refuses to make an appearance so they sit waiting. Got ideas running through my head but without the muse on board, I'll just muck things up if I try anything with them. Something will happen with them soon though. I don't anticipate the muse staying away for too long.

Things are not going at as fast a pace this year as they were last at this time. I do a lot of research when the muse disappears so I'm still making progress, I just don't have much to show for it.

I did finish the snake on wood veneer though.

It has been sewn into a little book finally.
Snake on wood veneer in fingernail polish.
3x4 inches
40 pages of writing paper, sewn with waxed embroidery thread.

I had never used waxed thread of any kind to sew a little book till this one. I have made over a hundred little books in the past. Waxed thread makes all the difference in how tightly the book is sewn. I used a soy wax candle to wax the thread. It worked, but the beeswax I have (somewhere) would probably be a better choice. I looked high and low for that chunk of beeswax but never did locate it. It could be anywhere! It certainly wasn't in the drawer I thought it should be in though. 

I have other works in progress than these shown. Works that have been in progress forever!  You all remember that paper mache flamingo? He's still on the radar. 
There's a new monster in the works. I started him yesterday. He's blue plaid fleece. I think he'll be a right nice monster when he's done! That may happen today. I can sew without the muse in attendance. I need her for painting mostly.

Thanks kindly for stopping by to see what's up with me. 
Same old same old! 
:)
Not complaining about that! Same old same old works for me most of the time.

Be good to one another!
It matters!!!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers