27 June 2013

A Bunch of Chickens, A Tiny Rug and Some other Critters


Hello Readers!

I promised you all some ATCs in this post. Chickens were a hot commodity while I was away from home. There was talk of actual chickens, virtual chickens and whimsical chickens. The muse took care of the whimsical ones. 

Yellow Chicken
ATC
markers on antique paperboard
(the boards are part of a photograph mat. I got a couple of boxes of these things at an auction sometime back. They come in two pieces, glued at the top only. The top sheet is thinner than the backing and has a nice big oval cut in the center of it. I cut the backs up for ATC blanks. They are dark brown on one side and a beige/tannish color on the other. I get two ATC blanks out of each 5x7 inch mat.)

Pink Rooster
ATC
markers on antique paperboard

Pink Hen
ATC
crayons on antique paperboard

Orange Hen
ATC
markers on antique paperboard

There has been talk of real chickens at home and at my son's at for months now. Ma thinks Chuck needs some ladies and RJson is certain he needs some laying hens. Ma has the rooster and no hen house as of yet. RJson has the hen house and no chickens. Both, each desperately wanting chooks! 

Cheese Raft
ATC
markers on flashcard cardstock
(flashcards are manila paper colored, heavy cardstock. I have over 100 of these flashcards. I can get 3 ATC blanks out of one card.)

Frog and Bees
ATC
markers on antique paperboard

Gloria and Gordie
ATC
markers on flashcard cardstock

Gopher
ATC
markers on antique paperboard

Gray Horse Head
ATC
markers on chipboard
(packaging from a new set of Sharpies)

Lobster Leo
ATC
markers on flashcard cardstock

Seahorse
ATC
markers on flashcard cardstock

I worked on a couple of altered envelopes while I was away.

Zen Rhino is done in Bic ink pen on manila paper. Rhino is the back of the envelope. I had to bribe Annie to let me bring that Bic pen home with me. Her daddy was none too happy that I traded her one of my (almost dead) sharpie markers for it! I'll hear about it if he finds light green masterpieces on the hallway wall. I don't think that Sharpie is going to last long at all if Annie doesn't put the cap back on it when she's done with it. I tried trading her string for the pen first but she didn't want any string at that moment. She really likes strings for some reason.
I wanted the pen so I could do some more zens with it. 
And a bonus is that when the Bic pen is empty, it can be used as a stylus.

Green Fish Altered Envie
It's a security envelope colored with markers.
9x4.5 inches

This is the back of the green fish envelope. The blue dots I put all over the background essentially hide the security feature of this envelope. It had tiny blue and white squares all over the inside of it.

And last but not least, a tiny rug. The rug is about three inches across. Perfect size for a dollhouse! 

It might be a few days before I post again. I'm nursing a sore left ankle at the moment. Haven't slept worth a hoot cause the gout is back in that ankle. I was walking with 2 canes (one in each hand) earlier this evening. I have no interest in what the muse thinks we should be doing. I'd rather sleep. Unfortunately Murray and Tippy cats won't allow that for any length of time. I don't know what was so fascinating about my knees while I was trying to sleep. Murray kept attacking them. First one and a few minutes later the other. I'd toss her off the bed, fall back to sleep for a bit and he would come Tippy to tap me on the cheek with her little claws extended. Not enough to hurt me, just enough to get my attention. My sister brought me a sleeping pill early in day after a night of fighting cats. I zonked for about 8 hours and have no clue if my knees were attacked again or not. I do remember Tippy patting me on the cheek a couple of times though. 
The gout will hang around for about three or four days and I'll be back to new. I know exactly what triggered it. I've no one but myself to blame! I had one shot of vodka in a large cup of watermelon kiwi soda at my son's house on Saturday evening. Won't be touching the vodka again anytime soon!
I woke up on Sunday morning (the day I came home from my son's house) and asked DIL if she had kicked me during the night. She loves me so I was just giving her a hard time. I knew she hadn't really done any such thing. My ankle was a tad sore then and it's just gotten worse. The uric acid levels will go away in a few days and as I said, I'll be good as new. Even though we all good as new isn't really good as new, but as good as I've been in some years. 
How I wish I were 35 again! I was much healthier then.

You all be good to one another!
It truly matters!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers