18 August 2008

Art And Poetry

I thought I'd share some poetry with you all today. I haven't written any new stuff for ages. The muse is busy with artwork instead these days.
First, a painting...

Sleeping on the Boardwalk
Acrylics on watercolor paper. ATC. This one now lives in New Jersey.

I've had three yellow tabby cats. They are my favorite kinds of cats. Samson, Jack and Henry are the yellow kitties I've had.
Samson got traded around within my family years ago. I was the third person to give him a home. He was a lover to the end!
Jack was a rescue kitty. His real name was Dracula but my husband had said I couldn't take him home. But I did anyway. I changed his name to Jack cause the boys were really little at the time and they couldn't say Dracula. Gary never knew the difference! And Val never let on that Jack had come to our house. Jack got sick and died on us shortly after I brought him home.
And then there was Henry. Henry wasn't even six months old yet when he disappeared. I think the coyotes had him for supper to be quite honest with you... I will have another yellow kitty some day.
The kitty in the painting came from a photograph of a cat sleeping on the sidewalk. I found him in a google search, and changed things up a bit for the painting.


Poetry:

I wrote this poem back in December of 2006.

Dreams For Amusement

you flashed that smile,
the one mingled with passion,
a smile that lives on
even when the lips have ceased the action

I see something
not of the realm
where only
mortals dwell

nothing
compares
to the splendor
of affection

forget that we think,
we reason,
we command
forget we are
only
woman and man

fools never take the chance to find
the realm
where lips can prolong
the effects of a smile

reasoning does not enter the hallways of the mind

you simply know which doors
are not locked,
where the mind
floats on every thought
we've pondered,
every thought yet to be

you fuel the dimensions
of a universe not explored

unfound treasures
lie bare on the floor,
all that's required
is to see their uses,
to make them whole

refresh the staleness found
when the doors are not
opened for a long, long time

arrive early, stay late--never go away

merry is the soul with intellect
to inspire words
of gratitude and glee
where two minds
mingle in rhapsody

unusual friendships
amusement coaxes out of
ordinary souls
on the treadmill
laboring uphill

such loneliness I hope not ever to find

energy is strengthened
in the aftermath
of knowledge shared,
of knowledge gained

I use your mind for amusement,
feel free to use mine as well

established dominance
means nothing if the will is there
encouraging exchanges of emotions

no one flourishes on their own

caring barters
in the grasp of life
make for very good bedfellows
who dream peacefully at night

in the small hours
you have flashed that smile,
turning darkness into
adventures wide
where
slumber eases us
into perfect dreams

I hope you've enjoyed the creativity offered. Have a beautiful a day!
Peace

No comments:

Followers