08 December 2009

Cold Tuesday To You!

My thermometer in the livingroom says it is 18 degrees F outside. The wind is blowing. I know that from looking out the backdoor at the flag on my sister's flagpole. Looks to be blowing at a right nice clip. I'm thankful to have a warm house to reside in today!
Still working on inchies. Did a few this morning to add to the others that still need color. Slowly that goal is being accomplished.
I cut ATC blanks for a little while before I got sick of doing that. It's rather boring! I cut a few twinchies and some inchies as well. I emptied the inchie box in the cutting room into my little tin where I keep inchie blanks on the desk, yesterday. Won't need to fill that little box for awhile.

I really don't have a hell of a lot to say of importance today but I think I need to post more often to this blog. I seem to only post when I have artwork scanned to show you all. Artwork is not the whole sum of my life! Though...there is very little else to talk about somedays. Like today.
I slept all of Monday away and have been up all night==AGAIN~!

I should be in the livingroom going through that stack of snail mail that's cluttering up my desk in there. I need to pay the electric bill and see how much money I have in my bank account to see if I have enough to help my oldest out with paying his insurance for his car this month. He's helped me out plenty so it's no big deal to help him out sometimes too. Just have to have enough to do that.
I have some envelopes to get ready to mail out. Artwork traveling the world over...

Instead I am sitting here yapping at folks I can't see and rambling, saying not much of anything. I am listening to music while yapping at you all. Got Kenny Chesney singing about an old blue chair right now.


Old Blue Chair
Kenny Chesney

there's a blue rocking chair
sitting in the sand
weathered by the storms
and well-oiled hands
it sways back and forth
with the help of the winds
seems to always be there
like an old trusted friend
i've read a lot of books,
wrote a few songs
looked at my life
where it's going
where it's gone
i've seen the world
through a bus windsshield
but nothing compares
to the way that i see it
to the way that i see it
to the way that i see it
when i sit in that old blue chair

from that chair i caught
a few fish and some rays
and i've watched boats
sail in and out of cinnamon bay
i let go of a lover
that took a piece of my heart
and prayed many times
for forgiveness and a brand new start
i've read a few books,
wrote a few songs
looked at my life
where it's going
where it's gone
i've seen the world
through a bus windshield
but nothing compares
to the way that i see it
to the way that i see it
to the way that i see it
when i sit in that old blue chair
 
that chair was my bed
one new year's night
when i passed out
from too much cruising and dining
i woke up to a hundred mosquito bites
i swear
got 'em all sitting right there
in that old blue chair
there's a blue rocking chair
sitting in the sand
weathered by the storms
and well oiled hands

I'm not sure if Kenny Chesney wrote that song or not. He does sing it though. It's a nice song! Now I got John Mellencamp singing.

I'm headed to the kitchen to stack the dishes .... do something productive.
You all get your hugs on this cold Tuesday. Might warm you up some! :)
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers