18 December 2009

A little Art, A Little Chatter and A Little of Nothing

Lotta Little going on here!
I'm gearing up for Christmas. Got my lists made, some of them checked twice, others not checked at all. I have cookies and rum balls to make in the next few days. I see days of no sleep coming up to get everything done that should be done before Monday rolls around. Yes, I know Christmas isn't till Friday, but Monday is a stellar day in my world and Christmas will occur that day whether I like it or not! And it's not that I don't like it that way, it's just that that is the way it is and there's not a thing I can do to change that! So we'll just go with the flow and hope all is accomplished by the deadline!

I've been arting things here in the last few days. I've not taken scans of most of it cause it's not really all that photogenic. Activity books for the grandsons. I drew only 5 pictures in the books and none of them are spectacular! So no pictures of the Activity Books. I am in the process of making a little box for one of my daughters-in-law. It is not completed yet. I'm waiting for the fantasy snow to dry to finish it. No picture of it either, I'm afraid cause it's a BOX and boxes do not scan well. (I'm hoping Santa brings me a new digital camera so I can take pictures of 3D art when I make it.)
I have a few inchies and couple of ATCs to show you all today. Enjoy.





No need to make a long explanation about them. You all know the inchies are sharpies/markers on recycled cardstock. Except for the playing card inchies are collages made with miniature playing cards. And the ATCs are collages from various images found in magazines and what have you. The You Tube one is a cartoon I found and cut the main characters out of. So, essentially it isn't even really orginal art.
My Christmas Tree is up and lit. Only a few of the lights didn't ignite so we've not too many bare spots on the tree. Lola Kid has discovered the tree and this morning I found 6 ornaments on the floor beneath the tree. That kitten will give me something to pick up from the floor every morning, I am sure! The tree will come down the 2nd of January.
I have cookies to bake tomorrow. Rum balls should have already been made so they have time to steep...Rum Balls are always better if you let them set for a few days before you eat them! Aunt Sherry really likes rum balls and she is the reason they are getting made. I will be making chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies and brownie bites also.
I'm feeling a bit out of sorts today for some reason. Once a month I get down in the dumps...always happens for no apparent reason. I've really no complaints about my life. It is what I make it to be. Only I can make changes to it. The blues will pass.
I'm going to my brother's house in a bit to play cards with my youngest son, his wife and my brother, Sam. Should be a good evening out! Again, it will only be as fun as I make it.
I've been waiting on a phone call from a friend that probably won't ever arrive. I've been waiting for almost five months for that call. Why have I waited this long? Because I'm a patient soul, that's why! And I think this is part of the troubles with the blues today. For some reason I woke up this morning thinking surely today is the day for that call to come. I would make the call myself but I can't bring myself to pick up the phone and dial that number when that friend should have called months ago and I'm not going to call. If this person thinks anything of me as a friend then they should be the one to pick up the phone and dial my number. I've not gone anywhere. Nothing has changed in my feelings. I'm just waiting.
I have to go get ready for my night out. I shall return again in the next few days. You all go get some hugs! I'm planning on gathering a few tonight!
Peace
831

1 comment:

John said...

Merry Christmas Donna!

Hope the weather had been good to you lately. Have a great time with your mom, your siblings, kids and grandkids today! Take care!

John

Followers