21 February 2010

Home for #51 and Other Masterpieces

Hello Good People!
Not much to report today other than art. I was quite busy yesterday with artwork. Didn't get any thing else done but...and I do have the audacity to call them MASTERPIECES!
:)
You all get to reap the joys right along with me.
We'll start with my ATC for the 365 Project for 20 Feb #51

Home
ATC
20 February 2010
365 Project #51
Black Sharpie on painted paper, attached to recycled chipboard (food box). I'm not sure what kind of paint it is. Feels like tempura paint on construction paper. I got three sheets of this stuff in a trade awhile back. I took the shapes on the paper made with the orange paint and saw a bird in its nest in the trees. Must be sundown from the color of the background....

Two more drawings on painted paper:
Orange Mermaid
ATC
20 February 2010
Same description (more or less) as the ATC above. The paint swirls reminded of ocean water, dispite the fact it is orange.

Volcano
ATC
20 February 2010
Same description as previous two. This one is a tad short on the long end. The paper was precut when I got it and it was a bit too short. The ATC is less than an 1/8th inch off. Still relatively the right size, but not quite.

Breakfast
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Frog in the Cat Tails
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Love's Fool
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Moonglow Shroom
ATC
20 February 2010
Collage on recycled chipboard backing (food box). Background is a picture of an indian battle from an encyclopedia tinted with gold dust powder and bronze eyeshadow, then sealed with acrylic varnish. Mushroom cap is cardstock with gold dust powder, bronze eyeshadow and glitter dusted on white cardstock. Stem is black paper dusted with gold dust powder and glitter then both sealed with acrylic varnish to keep the glitter in place.

Gold Nugget
ATC
20 February 2010
Collage on recycled chipboard backing (food box). Magazine picture of a brick wall dusted with gold dust powder, bronze eyeshadow and acrylic varnish. Mushroom cap is food box chipboard covered with a foil chocolate wrapper. Stem is palm tree bark. There's a touch of lace there as well.

Mushroom History
ATC
20 February 2010
Collage on recycled chipboard backing (food box). Magazine picture of brick wall was waded up to make it all crinkly, then painted with acrylic varnish and dusted with gold dust powder and bronze eyeshadow. The mushroom is text from an encyclopedia about nature. I named it Mushroom History by mistake. I thought that text was from an old history book, but once I read it after I scanned the card, I realized that is not the history book at all. It will still be titled Mushroom History nonetheless.

Mushrooms are abundant because that is the theme for this week over at the 365 Project. You should hit the button up on the upper left to go visit the Naked Heart Art blog to see all the yumminess the artists have provided for this project! Amazing stuff over there!

Yellow Haired Mermaid
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
She was inspired by a button sewn on a little girl's blouse.

Patrick
ATC
20 February 2010
Pencil on recycled cardstock.
Drawn from a photograph.
Patrick isn't a very handsome fella in the face. I really need to practice my men drawing skills. Probably should practice drawing women too, but I prefer to draw men for some reason.


These three stars were all done in the same colors. I think I used only 8 colors for them. I wanted to challenge myself to use a limited pallet of colors for numerous cards. I think they turned out pretty good.
Orange Star
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Red Star
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

Yellow Star
ATC
20 February 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.

I am moving right along on the goals for ATCs this year...
This morning I'll be working on more ATCs and I hope to get the inspiration to do 'something' with the canvas I'm working on for my sister's birthday (which has already passed and she knows I'm doing a Coca Cola Cat on canvas for her). I just don't have any visions of what that Cat should look like when done! Total blank hitting me on that one! I need to do some research of somekind.
I have a book to sew together this morning as well. That won't take anytime at all! Half an hour tops!
You all go get some hugs today!  Have yourselves a STELLAR SUNDAY!
I will be back eventually!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers