01 May 2010

I Wasn't Kidding About, Back to Art

Hello Again Readers!
Two posts in one day? What's the world coming too?
I've ticked off Lola kitten cause she can't lay on the desk with her head draped over my right forearm while I type. She's gone off to the other side of the room to sleep on the carpet till she tries once again to get up on the desk to try to catch a snooze.
She's been snoozing all day! Unlike me. I've been busy!
The junkman didn't show up to bale the pile of iron out back like he said he would yesterday when I called to confirm the appointment. To his credit he did come out to discuss the delay. He said tomorrow he'd be here. I'll believe it when I see that big orange rig pull into the east driveway and he comences to bale iron.
I worked on art for a few hours waiting on the man. I was going to stop with the art for the day when he got here but since he didn't get here, I just continued with the flow and ended up with a lot of art done! It's probably best it wasn't me he talked to when he came out to discuss the delay cause he'd of just bummed me out and I wouldn't have continued with art. Guess I should be thanking for the boy for my day of art opportunity, which I took full advantage of!
Lola snuck back up on the desk while I was proofreading the previous. And I've sent her packing.
I've dragged out the acrylics for some of the artwork done today and I also used my sister's markers, as well as my own markers today. It's been a great day for art!
An Old Soul
ATC
1 May 2010
365 Project Day #118
Acrylics on recycled cardstock.

At The Pond
ATC
1 May 2010
365 Project Day #119
(My) Markers on recycled cardstock.

Blue Butterfly with Berries
ATC
1 May 2010
365 Project Day #120
Acrylics on recycled cardstock.

Blue Moon
ATC
1 May 2010
365 Project Day #121

Brown Cat
ATC
1 May 2010
Acrylics and marker on recycled cardstock.

Copper Blue Asters
ATC
1 May 2010
Acrylics, dimensional paint and glitter on recycled cardstock.

Fantasy Trees
ATC
1 May 2010
Acrylics and dimensional paint on recycled cardstock.

Green Elephant
ATC
1 May 2010
(My sister's) markers on recycled cardstock.

Obsession of Senses
ATC
1 May 2010
365 Project Day #122
Acrylics on recycled cardstock.

Salt Shaker
ATC
dmnh and llc collaboration
1 May 2010
Markers and glitter on recycled cardstock.
I drew the salt shaker a few weeks ago. My sister, Linda colored it with markers today and I put the glitter on today. It looks much cooler in real life as the glitter on the bottom of the salt shaker looks remarkably like salt!


Jerry, my sister's boyfriend, cooked jambalaya for supper at Susan's house and after supper we made elephant ATCs and some twinchies.
These are the ATCs I brought home from next door.
Jerry did the flying pink elephant and Linda did the grey elephant below. It did not dawn on me till I got them downloaded to the blog that neither of them will work for the Frame. Both are oriented the wrong way. That was the intention of doing elephants, cause I only need a few more to put it all together and show off the generosity of my art buddies! I'll keep these with the other elephants in my collection that did not work for the frame for one reason or another.  Jerry's is called "Dumbo Air Force Bombing Run". Linda's doesn't have a title.
We ran out of ATC blanks....Susan only had three of them in her possession at the time and I didn't feel like a walk across the yard to my house to get anymore so we started on twinchies. I've done very few twinchies this year....Twinchies were all done with my sister's markers.
Twinchie
Pink Star
1 May 2010
Markers on recycled chipboard.

Twinchies
Orange Flower
Pig Pink Elephant
1 May 2010
Markers on recycled chipboard.
Twinchies
Pink Elephant
Green Peace
1 May 2010
Markers on recycled chipboard.

Linda and Susan got into the twinchie making mode as well.
The mask is Linda's and the other two are Susan's. The first two are done with markers and the 5 is done in lead pencil, all on recycled chipboard from packaging...think snack boxes.

I'm off to play majhonng for awhile.
Get your hugs if you haven't already!
Give a few while you're at it!
Peace
831

1 comment:

soulbrush said...

love the salt shaker and the blue moon too. what a busy and fun time you have had. keep on going for it girlfriend!

Followers