17 January 2010

Early Sunday Morning

Another post full of art. I have been busy!
There's a Collage-a-thon happening over at AFA this weekend. I've made four cards for that CAT, traded 2 of them. I forgot to scan one of them to show you all. I haven't presented it over at the CAT yet either.
I got up at 1 a.m. when the phone was ringing. It stopped ringing by the time I crawled out of bed. Takes me much longer than six rings to get from one end of the house to the other even when I'm not asleep. It was my youngest son. I didn't call him back at that time. He was probably calling to let me know why they hadn't come over on Saturday. I might just have to put some gas in the van and make a drive to Pburg later today to see him and his clan. Been awhile since I've laid eyes on the boy.

It is now 6:30 a.m. There abouts...give or take a minute or two. It is cold in the house this morning. Fred hasn't wanted out so it must be pretty chilly outside as well. I've had some breakfast and 2 pots of coffee. Two pots of coffee sounds like a boatload of coffee but it really isn't. My pot only makes two cups at a time! Not bouncing off the wall just yet.
Yesterday I had some trouble with my eyes. Second time it has happened. They go buggy...everything gets all burry and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Not sure what is going on with that. I took my blood sugars right after the occurance and they were sitting at 270...that's pretty high. Not sure the blood sugars being so high had anything to do with it or not. This happened the day before yesterday as well. I didn't take my blood sugars the first time it happened. Gonna have to make an appt with the doc to figure this one out. Keep my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again today. The episodes have only lasted about three minutes but it was quite unsettling. Can't have my eyes giving out on me! Heck no! If that happened, how the hell would I be able to do art??? Scary stuff! That damned diabetes is a pain in the ass. Among other places! I'm sure I'll be fine though. I am, afterall, an optimist.

I felt pretty good when I got up at 1 so I commenced with artwork. Seems to be a habit now. It's a good habit though so I'll keep at it as long as I can. I am prolific where the art is concerned. Whether it is good art or not is up to you all to decide. I think some of it is pretty good but there are other pcs that are just crap! (Works that way with poetry too. Some is really good, some is total crap.) I must do it though. It's kind of like breathing.

I have the music blaring this morning. Ran the cats and the dog out of this room, the music is so loud. Or maybe they aren't in the mood to hear me sing this morning? That's OK though, that kitten, Lola, is but a pain in the neck when she's in here anyway. Wants to sit on the desk when I don't want her on the desk. Doob's not a problem, she sits atop the tower and minds her own business and Billy sits atop the printer playing with things he shouldn't be playing with. Fred is just in the way cause he takes up a lot of room. Billy and Fred are asleep on my bed, Lola is probably in the laundry room asleep on top of a stack of blankets in there. Not sure where Doob is. Maybe in the livingroom chair. I'll let Billy out when Fred decides it is time to go out. Billy wanted out earlier but I convinced him it wasn't time to go out. I just didn't open the door to let him out and he gave up sitting in front of the front door after about 15 minutes of waiting on me to play butler to his hide. I guess the critters aren't in the mood for rock 'n roll this morning!

We are beginning with CAT cards this morning:
White Flower
ATC
CAT
16 January 2010
Collage on recycled cardstock. White fabric flower, pink plastic disk, red ribbon rose, star sequin, heart sticker, tiny white stickers (for fingernails), a bit of white lace, glitter and tissue paper. This one is headed to Delaware come Tuesday morning.
Love
ATC
CAT
16 January 2010
Collage on recycled cardstock. Mylar ribbon with stars, lace, letter stickers, paper picture of crochet heart doily, red fabric background. I'm not sure what that red fabric really is. It's not really fabric, but I don't know what else to call it. It's kind of a cross between mullberry paper and tissue paper but feels like cloth.
This one is headed to Finland come Tuesday morning.
Pink and Green
ATC
CAT
17 January 2010
Collage on recycled cardstock. Brown paper sack, plastic credit card cat (cut freehand) covered with glue, dusted with pink eyeshadow and another layer of glue, googly eyes, wire whiskers and chipboard nose and a green plastic star, fish is chipboard covered with green glitter and a googly eye.
I could have sworn those eyes were straight when I sat that card on the shelf to dry but when I went to scan the darn thing, this is what I found. So we have a goofy pink cat!

Inchies
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Last year I did 970 some inchies. I haven't officially made a specific goal of how many inchies I intend to make this year. Last year's goal was 1000. I just missed that goal! These are the first 12 of the year. We'll see how many have been made when December 31 rolls around again.
I made these at my sister's house yesterday while waiting for lunch to get done. My favorite of this bunch is the pink flower at the far right of the top row. Which one is your favorite?
Green Eyed Gray
Twinchie
16 January 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
This one is headed to my sister, Jeanny, so she can make a pendant out it along with the black orange eyed cat I showed you all yesterday. They'll head off to her come Tuesday morning.
The following five ATCs were done early this morning. I was off googling shoes yesterday with every intention of drawing some sexy shoes today. God knows I can't wear those sexy shoes but I sure can draw them. I have the legs to pull off wearing high heels, but my back says "Are you crazy?!" The shoes are titled with the name of the shoe, if one was given in my google searches. If the shoes had only an ordering number, I gave them a made-up name.
Zanotti
17 January 2010
ATC
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Udell
ATC
17 January 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Leopard Pump
ATC
17 January 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Jimmy Choo Leopard
ATC
17 January 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
I've chosen this one for today's card in the 365 Project.
Celina
ATC
17 January 2010
Markers on recycled cardstock.
Those two green specks are glitter from the cat and fish card earlier. It was on the scanner bed and I didn't notice it till after I'd scanned this one. They aren't really on the card itself.
I'm sure in the coming weeks there will be more shoes to be seen. We shall see how fast these get traded once I get them in my availables gallery. I love drawing shoes. Hate wearing them, but drawing them is painless! :)

I know it looks like I do a lot of art on any given day and it's true that I do a lot of art. It took less than an hour to do the shoes. It's the collage cards that take forever to accomplish! I can whip out cards in marker in no time at all. When I do inchies at my sister's house, I've whipped out four or five to everyone else's one. I don't know why or how I can make them so fast, but I can. I can't do it every day, but on the days when the muse is in cooperation with the hands, yeah, drawing comes quickly.
I'm going to cut paper for some more little blank books this morning. I probably won't get the little books made today, but cutting the paper for them is the most boring part of making little books and cutting a lot of it all at once is much easier than cutting the paper for each book as I decide to make it.
This summer I will be making paper from all the scraps of paper I get from cutting paper for little books. I've already talked my brother into helping with that endeavor by making some screens for me. I'm looking forward to paper making even though it is a messy, tiring task. The results should be well worth the exertion put out though.
I throw a lot of paper away from cutting ATC blanks and the like. All the scraps of cardstock leftover from cutting those presentation folders just goes in the trash. I'm not sure it can be used to make new paper. I have thousands, yes thousands, of presentation folders so it's not like I won't be able to save some to experiment with once summer does roll around again.
I'm loving all the followers I'm acquiring. Says there are seven of them, but I don't think I can really count myself in that even though I am in there. I don't know how I started following myself, nor how to get me off the followers list. If anyone can help me out with that, I'd sure appreciate it! Some days I'm a total goofus! LOL
I suspect I've chattered enough today so I'll close this post out and bid you all a Splendid Sunday!
Get your hugs!
Peace
831

No comments:

Followers